Need And In-between

Michael86

Im looking for a good in-bewtween gripper, in-between the coc#2 and #3. and could someone give me a link to beef builder grippers such as super master and elite.thank you

you might try to just file your number 2 also, you can get btr that way.

Super Master from Beef Builders.

RB210 from Robert Baraban. Probably RB210N, for Narrow.

I would start with the Super Master. If you get bored with it, go to the RBs, and start working up the Food Chain there. There are no reliable HG grippers between a 2 and 3. The HG250 is roughly a 2, and the HG300 could be anywhere between a 2.25 and 2.85.

There would also be RB240N, for Narrow. It would probably be tougher than a Super Master. The Super Master will most likely land midway between a 2 and 3.

Hubgeezer

I bought a HG250 thinking it would be a little bit harder them my coc#2, I was wrong, it feels just like my coc#2.The HG250 also has a very narrow spread compared to the coc#2.

Super Master from Beef Builders.

RB210 from Robert Baraban. Probably RB210N, for Narrow.

I would start with the Super Master. If you get bored with it, go to the RBs, and start working up the Food Chain there. There are no reliable HG grippers between a 2 and 3. The HG250 is roughly a 2, and the HG300 could be anywhere between a 2.25 and 2.85.

There would also be RB240N, for Narrow. It would probably be tougher than a Super Master. The Super Master will most likely land midway between a 2 and 3.

Hubgeezer

I would rate my BB SuperMaster ahead of my RB 240N. The SuperMaster is unseasoned though. I am certain of this comparison - I have a friend who can close the RB 240 narrow for 3 reps (seems to be consistent at it), but he could not close the SuperMaster. He got it down to about 1 MM, very close. I do realize that "grippers vary", just my experiences with the two that I have.

I tried closing my grippers on a bathroom scale at one time - I got ~115 lbs. for the RB240N, and 145 lbs. for a new 2005 #3. Based on this test I would rate the RB240N around 2.3 to 2.4. (I can't remember exactly what a #2 was, somewhere around 100?). When I first got the Super Master about a month ago, I was surprised at its toughness. Very nice gripper though. I would put it at 2.5 to 2.6 on the old #3 scale. My newer #3 was significantly harder than the older (2004) #3, so these numbers are based on the older 3 as a standard #3.

In summary:

RB 240N - 2.3 to 2.4

BB SM - 2.5 to 2.6

2004 #3 - 3.0

2005 #3 - 3.2 (?)

Both the BB SM and the RB 240N are top-notch grippers and I would recommend either of these two.