Quest For The Red

watzd411

Hello All,

I have noticed that many of you Red Nail benders (in fact all of you) cover the nail with something other than the IM standard kevlar cloths. Just wondering what exactly you used.

Have been able to bend a thick nail ( slightly thicker than the red) but it is mild steel rather than bright steel so is meerly a stepping stone to the red. Thus far its been IM cloths all the way. Just wanted to attack a red with whatever you guys use to see if that helps my progress any.

So far dont find it hard on the hands really, just need to build more torque in the wrists.

Peace

Rydini

Licensed To Crush

I would want to be pure supplemental with ironmind pads..

If you only use leather, and alots of it (18 inches+ of fairlythick leather) when you go to use ironmind pads it will be extremely painful.

ofcoarse this is all depending on your goals... If you have no goal of certing then Using im pads would be pointless.. But then again if you train with im pads and only im pads you probally wont tell much of a diffrence.

Hope that wasnt confusing :D .

I would want to be pure supplemental with ironmind pads..

If you only use leather, and alots of it (18 inches+ of fairlythick leather) when you go to use ironmind pads it will be extremely painful.

ofcoarse this is all depending on your goals... If you have no goal of certing then Using im pads would be pointless.. But then again if you train with im pads and only im pads you probally wont tell much of a diffrence.

Hope that wasnt confusing  :D .

I use 10" long leather...not sure how thick though 1/16"-1/32"

I use 10" long leather...not sure how thick though 1/16"-1/32"

Damn, i remember when i used like 12 inches of thin leather, bending flat out HURT, then i started using a fair amount of leather, ahh much better :) .

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Will stick with my ironmind cloths for now but when they finally wear out, this will probably be in a months time as they have holes in now. I will get a replacement and get leather only for PRs.

As for certing. I thought I remember seeing Eli from Diesel use leather to wrap his red when certing. Have the rules changed or am i horribly wrong?

Rydini and his marvellous talons of doom

As for certing. I thought I remember seeing Eli from Diesel use leather to wrap his red when certing. Have the rules changed or am i horribly wrong?

I believe when Eli did it it was before they made the rule stating that only IM pads could be used to cert the red.

QUOTE(watzd411 @ Sep 20 2005, 09:22 AM)

I believe when Eli did it it was before they made the rule stating that only IM pads could be used to cert the red.

to me it looks like he used the IM pads on his certification bend, and he used leather on his 6" red bend

I can't tell exactly what he uses, but it looks like there is a cloth around it or something. then it rips in half.

Hmmmm interesting. I will try to find out from Jedd (who was there I think) and update this thread. It definitely wasn't just IM cloths but what the other thing is I am not sure.

Thanks guys

;)

Rydini

Oldtime you were right. IM pads and a towel was wrapped over the top!

Off to shred an old leather jacket.

Me thinks its danger time :angry:

Rydini and his marvelous talons of doom

Edited by watzd411