Legal Bend?

diesel

i can bend two ways:

1) holding the nail at chest level and driving down, making a U (DO..seen by many in their videos)

but my q relates to the 2nd way:

2) i hold the bar vertically, left hand on bottom (a bit higher than parallel to the ground, so my fist is by my upper right pec), and my right hand on top (with thumb pointing down). i then kink it, driving my right elbow down hard. my left hand is relatively stable. is this legal? i believe i saw dan praydis in one of his videos red attempt (or bend...can't remember fully) using this style.

i don't believe i push it against another body part, and my hands always remain on the ends of the nail.

2nd way legal, in your opinion?

As you describe it, it would be legal for all the certifications.

HI ERIC AND DIESEL franky said he thinks the second way bend you described is legal and wanted to contact randall strossen and find out for sure i am laying off bending and doing other things now so i told him to wait till i start again but you can ask franky to ask him now no sense in you wasting you time and energy doing this bending style if it wont count good luck and by the way where abouts in baltimore do you live see ya later dan p :D

HI ERIC AND DIESEL franky said he thinks the second way bend you described is legal and wanted to contact randall strossen and find out for sure i am laying off bending and doing other things now so i told him to wait till i start again but you can ask franky to ask him now no sense in you wasting you time and energy doing this bending style if it wont count good luck and by the way where abouts in baltimore do you live see ya later dan p

hey man, thanx a lot for the message. i did a bending session tonight and didn't even bother with the second way (i just did it straight DO). another thing with the second way is i don't know if i am necessarily stronger using that method; however, i was interested in that method for the bigger steel, say if i needed help kinking it. but thanx for the message. i will continue to hone in on method #1 and get everthing flowing nice.

i am actually going to school at umbc, but live in frederick.