Kinney and the TTK

KJM

Joe Kinney recently wrote to me in response to a question I had regarding his thumb development. He explained to me how he trained on his version of the TTK. Wannagrip also covered this issue in his post about his interview with Kinney. Joe worked up to 100 lbs on his TTK, squeezing it shut with two hands and then letting go with one and fighting to keep it closed.

Now, I'm not close to closing the #4 but have one and can at least squeeze it hard enough to know that it actually does move and can be closed. I put 100 lbs on my TTK and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED. It was if it had been welded shut. If any of you have one of these things, give it a shot. Personally, I think that pinch gripping 100lbs on the TTK is even more impressive than his closing the #4. :)

The TTK is a fine tool. I prefer to place a small block under the lever arm for heavy partials. The hollow loading pin is ideal for microloading with nails and other small objects. One hundred pounds on the TTK is inhuman. Assuming that Joe is truthful about the poundage, I claim that his version of the TTK has a much more favorable mechanical advantage.

I think Joe just had a favorable mechanical advantage, because of how hard he trained.  Period.

I think Joe just had a favorable mechanical advantage, because of how hard he trained.  Period.

I agree with Pat. :)

* Heath shakes head, rubs eye, blinks, rubs eyes, still confused*

Can this be?!? You two actually agree?!  

If those two ACTUALLY agree on something.... uh oh, the world might be coming to an end!!!   :p