Choose The Top All Around Benders

nicholeb

List who you guys think are the top Ten Nail Benders in order with 1 being the best allaround bender. Take into account all 3 styles of bending.

This should be an interesting Poll

This is a tough question.....'cause nobody really knows what the big boys are bending.

I'd put Pat in first. Steve Weiner probably won't get mentioned, but a little birdy told me that he can bend Reds DO, DU and Reverse. I'd call that all around strong.

when u mean also steel bars ONE possible order is:

1) PAT POVILAITIS

2) GREG AMIDON

3) DAVE MORTON

4) MARTIN KOTTE

5) ERIC MILFELD

Not sure how the list ends.

maybe a mix with FBBC Certified and Red Nail Bender

Top choices for upper places would be

Clay Edgin and Patrick Gansel since it was asked for best overall benders.

These are the only two guys I know who have bent a Red in all three styles.

When talking about bending, you can't leave out Big Steve McGranahan, Dave Morton, and James "shrug" Smith.

-Rick

No one mentioned Slim yet

although, I don't know if he used all styles

Edited by carusom1

To make this more inclusive and simpler just read the FBBC site Kings of Steel roster. Then take into consideration the current professional strongmen guys like John Brookfield, Dennis Rogers, Pat Povilitas, Steve McGranahan, Slim, Stanless Steel ect... Then compare these names to the IMRed Nail roster and you should deduct a better informed decision form there.

I don't deserve to go up in this line up or list but I am still trying so I can get certified soon I pray.

My Best Bends So Far in 8 Months of Bending

Red Nail

FBBC

Grade 9

6.25" FBBC 1/4" Square Bar

4.5" Grade 5

5" Grade 8

4" 5/16" HRS

4" Blue Nail

4" Hex steel

Broke a 60 penny nail as a homemade challenge bar

If anyone recalls I made a public pledge on my second week of bending that I would certify on the Red Nail in one year so that is still my goal. Yall pray for the GATOR

* Sorry I didn't mean any disrespect for the post by talking about my current accomplishment.

Edited by GatorGrip

IMO you can't count anyone that has not bent at least a red in all three styles. Does anyone have a list of those who have done it using all three styles?

-Jedd-

What the chances they could all be put in the same place at the same time for a competition? Wouldn't that be cool? I'm thinking ESPN.

ok just my two cents,

I really put some thought into this and being influenced by powerlifting competitions I am inclined to look at bodyweight. I have checked out the red nail and FBBC list as my sources and, I may be wrong but I believe that just because someone can bend a red does not mean that they have to try and certify. I know there a re a few out there that can wreck reds but haven't certified. So in light of this I believe that frankyboy should be included in these lists. His overall grip is phenomenal and some of the bars he has put down are sick for his bodyweight.

Peace,

burner

Edited by burner

IMO you can't count anyone that has not bent at least a red in all three styles. Does anyone have a list of those who have done it using all three styles?

I know Steve and Shrug have both bent cut reds double under hand and double over hand. What is the 3rd style? Old Terminator? Not sure what they can bend that way.

Also-big Steve have demolished 2 60ds under hand at the same time. That has to be one of the best feats ever in short bar bending!

-Rick

To make this more inclusive and simpler just read the FBBC site Kings of Steel roster. Then take into consideration the current professional strongmen guys like John Brookfield, Dennis Rogers, Pat Povilitas, Steve McGranahan, Slim, Stanless Steel ect... Then compare these names to the IMRed Nail roster and you should deduct a better informed decision form there.

I don't deserve to go up in this line up or list but I am still trying so I can get certified soon I pray.

My Best Bends So Far in 8 Months of Bending

Red Nail

FBBC

Grade 9

6.25" FBBC 1/4" Square Bar

4.5" Grade 5

5" Grade 8

4" 5/16" HRS

4" Blue Nail

4" Hex steel

Broke a 60 penny nail as a homemade challenge bar

If anyone recalls I made a public pledge on my second week of bending that I would certify on the Red Nail in one year so that is still my goal. Yall pray for the GATOR

* Sorry I didn't mean any disrespect for the post by talking about my current accomplishment.

Gator we all know you'll be a certified RED bender in no time flat, Keep it goin' man. I'm rooting for ya.

Dennis Rogers has to at least be in the top 3 of this list, no matter the bodyweight.

Can anyone else bend the 8" and 10" wrenchs that Dennis manhandles? He bends them in seconds into "pen holders"?

I know Pat P. also bends some tough #5 horseshoes? Can Dennis bend these and can Pat bend the wrenches Dennis bends?

John Brookfield has to be on this list also. In one of his video's, John grabbed two ends of a tire iron (the one in a cross shape) and he just quickly bent two ends together. That was incredible to watch. The tire iron went from this shape ( X )

to this shape ( Y ). Who else can do this?

If you had a time machine, it would be great to have a contest of all the great iron benders in their prime (Mighty Atom, Slim, Dennis Rogers, Pat P., John Brookfield, etc) and see who comes out on top.

I wonder what all the old time iron benders from the late 1800's and early 1900's could do? It would be awesome to take that ime machine back to see their exploits.

Later,

MEB Boy