Big G G C Announcement

Jedd Johnson

In an effort to streamline the contest, to incorporate new events, and in response to some feedback we have gotten, we have decided to finalize a Support Grip Medley instead of having a Lottery of events.

The lottery will consist of the following events followed by weights. The first weight is for the short hand division, and the second weight is for the large hand division. The order may vary, and the weights may be slightly different, but we think it is going to be very exciting and will add another dimiension of skill to the contest.

1. Inch Loadable Dumbell - 100 / 120 - Load onto Platform

2. Rolling Thunder - 150 / 170 - to Lockout

3. 95-Lb Kettlebell plus 25-Lb plate - Load to Platform

4. R-Ring - 200 / 250 - to Lockout

5. Euro Deadlift Handle - 200 / 250 - to Lockout (loading pin will be used)

Doing this event will test your support endurance. As far as I know there has not been an event of this sort in a Grip Contest, so it will be very exciting. The implements that will be loaded will sit right beside the platform so, no one will have to worry about hurting their back, walking with an implement.

The athlete will run through right handed first, and after loading the implements, the spotters will return them to the floor for the athlete to go back through left handed.

Thanks and if you have any questions, let us know.

-Jedd-

Smitty I think ill be able to preform most all of those except for the 170lb Rolling thunder... in comparison 200lb and 250lb R-Ring deadlift is stupidly easy compaired to a 170lb RT... Maybe change the order? That would blow if I couldent do the other events because i cant get past a 170lb RT, im sure itll be the same case for others.

The really weird thing is friday I did some Double Overhand Axle Dl's first type of deadlift movment in 6+ months.. I only did 200lb for DE work but it didnt feel bad at all, guess I wont get to know if I would have blown my spinal cord out my ass or not now. :online

Edited by Kurt Lane

In an effort to streamline the contest, to incorporate new events, and in response to some feedback we have gotten, we have decided to finalize a Support Grip Medley instead of having a Lottery of events.

The lottery will consist of the following events followed by weights.  The first weight is for the short hand division, and the second weight is for the large hand division.  The order may vary, and the weights may be slightly different, but we think it is going to be very exciting and will add another dimiension of skill to the contest.

1.  Inch Loadable Dumbell  - 100 / 120          - Load onto Platform

2.  Rolling Thunder            - 150 / 170        - to Lockout

3.  95-Lb Kettlebell plus 25-Lb plate              - Load to Platform

4.  R-Ring                          - 200 / 250        - to Lockout

5.  Euro Deadlift Handle      - 200 / 250        - to Lockout (loading pin will be used)

Doing this event will test your support endurance.  As far as I know there has not been an event of this sort in a Grip Contest, so it will be very exciting.  The implements that will be loaded will sit right beside the platform so, no one will have to worry about hurting their back, walking with an implement.

The athlete will run through right handed first, and after loading the implements, the spotters will return them to the floor for the athlete to go back through left handed.

Thanks and if you have any questions, let us know.

-Jedd-

Sounds like a plan to me...this will be very exciting :rock I'm glad that we are doing something different :D See you all Saturday...everyone drive safely.

Trust the Deisel boys to find something unique - I really like the sound of this one. I just hope we do the levering first - as tired as this will make me, I can envision lumps on my head.

Dave - yes - run through right, go back to the beginning and run through left - quickest time.

Dan - it is the hand they use for the 1 Hand Deadlift event, 1" non-revolving

Chris - the levering will be last - the support event should only be a 30-45 second effort with both hands...

Here you go guys (weights are still subject to change):

http://www.dieselcrew.com/articles/supportevents.doc

Load the 2" Loadable, run to the KB and load that, run to the RT, R-ring and Euro deadlift hand and lock them out as fast as you can.

Time will start when the 2" loadable leaves the ground and time will stop when the Euro apparatus hits the ground. You will get a time for left and right hands.

cool, what if you cant get past RT tho? Do you goto other events? or does it just stop there.

The Euor deadlift handle seems WAY to easy, you could almost double that weight and it would still be warmup in a regular comp like LGC. But since it's a medley, it's of course a lot harder, but the last event shouldn't be too easy :flame

At least 300 pounds light class I think.

Having different weights for the two different classes doesn't really get an all around winner.

I know you are having a winner for the SH and LH classes, but what about an all-around champion including both classes?

In all the other events, the degree of difficultly is only set on the person doing the event, not the class.

I like the ideas of having the LH and SH classes. It would be fun to have an overall champ or a showdown of sorts between the two classes.

just something to chew on

I think R-Ring should be bumped up aswell. But I think ive made enough comments regarding the GGC for a lifetime, so im going to stop now :D

After discussion with Jedd - the RT has been moved to the end. The event weights are subject to change before the contest.

If you cannot finish an event, you will be penalized 15 seconds per apparatus you cannot lift, and you cannot skip to the next one. You must complete the event in order.

For example, if you miss the R-ring, that means you cannot go onto the Euro handle and RT. So you will be penalized 45 seconds for that hand in addition to your already elapsed time.

Our overall champ wins the Diesel Award. Not neccesarily the person who wins the most events - that person will win their weight class - it is the person who displays the best character and strongest heart during the contest.

Having different weights for the two different classes doesn't really get an all around winner.

I know you are having a winner for the SH and LH classes, but what about an all-around champion including both classes?

In all the other events, the degree of difficultly is only set on the person doing the event, not the class.

I like the ideas of having the LH and SH classes.  It would be fun to have an overall champ or a showdown of sorts between the two classes.

just something to chew on

After discussion with Jedd - the RT has been moved to the end.  The event weights are subject to change before the contest.

If you cannot finish an event, you will be penalized 15 seconds per apparatus you cannot lift, and you cannot skip to the next one.  You must complete the event in order.

For example, if you miss the R-ring, that means you cannot go onto the Euro handle and RT.  So you will be penalized 45 seconds for that hand in addition to your already elapsed time.

I'm assuming that regardless of time, the individual that completes more of the events will trump the person that only finishes the first one or two.

I did the medley tonight...very cool :D It really challenges the endurance factor :upsidedwn This should be a big hit...and a crowd pleaser...as you said Smitty.

See you Saturday.

We did components of the support medley tonight and I forgot how much I like these events...

I hit a PR on the Euro Dead handle which was awesome!

Everyone is going to have a blast...