Seated Hammer Curls whats a good weight?

Guest scott essery

Guest 115-1005574997

I noticed that the seated hammer curl (2 handed with an 'H' bar) is an event in this years british grip competition and was wondering what a good lift was for a single (in strict style)??  

What have you guys done?  

Can anyone suggest any exercise that could help me in this event?

Scott,

75k -85k is good now, but hopefully there will be more on the day. Any type of hammer curls will be of use.

David

Guest 115-1005574997

Cheers Dave

Wow, 85kg seems a pretty good weight :)

I wonder what others are lifting at the moment in the novice and intermediate caragory?

The H bar argos sells doesnt seem too robust, anyone got any suggestions on where i could  get a decent one in the UK?

Scott

Louis (Silverback) and Ed (from the grip edurance challenge) tried the lift last night and manged about 50kg I think? They will be competing in the Novice Category. I think a strick curl of around 60kg would be a very good lift in the novice section.

Guest 115-1005574997

Cheers Jim

That gives me a good target to aim for in training and shows just how competitive the novice section will be.  Id better pull my finger out!! :)

All i need now is a bar able to hold up to >50kg's any suggestions? :)

Why not get someone to make you one?  I’m sure a engineering company wouldn’t charge you that much for some 1” steel and a bit of welding ?  Doesn’t have to look pretty does it?