Galvanized Tree Spikes

StalwartSentinel

I bought some tree spikes to bend after my gripping workout tomorrow, so my hands and wrists will be warmed up. I got a couple of lengths...

4 x 100d 10" twisted spikes

10 x 80d 8" twisted spikes

10 x 60d 6" twisted spikes

It is my first official attempt at bending, so I bought a variety. They had some 120d, 12" ones but I thought I'd try these for now. All in all, it only cost $4.50 Canadian, tax included.

I will probably start with the 4 x 100d, then the 10 x 80d and then the 10 x 60d. Has anyone else used these tree spikes and do you have any tips or suggestions? :D

An 80d nail is a pretty big accomblishment. I don't know if you realise or not but 120d, 100d, and 80d nail are bent braced. 60d are bent unbraced (but if you want to work up to them bracing is fine to train). Maybe they will be easier because they are twisted, but you've chosen some very challenging stuff to attempt for your first try at bending.

The 10" twisted ones might not be too hard and the 60ds might be timber ties so that's not too bad. The 80s are the tough ones, they'll be hard to brace cause they're so short but pretty thick for some of your first bends. Let us know how you do.

Well my first attempt wasn't a total failure. I managed to put a 5 degree kink in the 100d spike, using DU. I only had some thick socks to wrap the ends in and I definitely need some work on my form! With some work and better wraps, I should be able to dominate this size in no time! :) Fresh hands might help too...