Ggc

dave

Any of you bitches want to compare notes on events? I hate to sit here and quietly think I got you all beat :)

Uh - hummm - golly - yep! I think you got me beat too! I've had a lot of fun training for this, my first grip contest. I know that I peaked too soon and am trying to figure a way to hold that level without much success. I've spent a lot of time in chat and got a lot of tips from people that I have come to know thru there; and can't wait to meet them and put a face to their written words. My best chance to beat you Dave is if your car breaks down so watch out for a skinney ole guy messing with your gas cap. LOL

I am still trying to figure out how to work atlas stones into this contest to give myself a bit of an advantage.

I am dying to know what the Silent Assassin, Dave Thornton is thinking about this contest. The guy has become a phenom, seemingly overnight.

-Jedd-

There is even more talent at this Contest than last years GGC. Should be a lot of fun. There should be some good numbers set in the 2 hand pinch and V-bar.

Jedd, I hope to have a couple of good events. However it will not be close with all of the talent in the room. I would say a top ten place in this group would be excellent.

Hah, Dave is also one of the nicest and most humble guys in the game. You hear that alot, but it couldn't be more true.

I'm rooting for you Dave!

Morton is scared!!!!

Seems to me people expect way too much of big Dave and he never says anything. Then he goes and gets his butt kicked like last year... :tongue

Dont count Dave out, he did somthing last week that I will find hard for anyone to duplicate. :blink He made me look like a 90 lb weakling in one event and I am not talking grippers. And to top it of he was injured! Made me feel even weaker.

All joking aside, more people talk David up than he does for himself. I wish him well and on form he is a top three contender.

GGC 2005 Towanda Press headline. Chris Rice closes the #4 both hands, two hand pinch of 300#, a V-Bar WR of 415#, with a Rolling Thunder of 305#, and finished off a good day with a 25# sledge lever for 17 reps each.

Then I woke up - I really shouldn't drink before I go to bed. :help

Dave was just trying to get some trash talking going like they have at the Euros. We love reading that stuff.

Mobster what are your predictions for top 3 in each event and overall???

GGC 2005          Towanda Press headline.  Chris Rice closes the #4 both hands, two hand pinch of 300#, a V-Bar WR of 415#, with a Rolling Thunder of 305#, and finished off a good day with a 25# sledge lever for 17 reps each.

Then I woke up - I really shouldn't drink before I go to bed.    :help

I was about to throw in the hat until I saw you only did 305 on the RT and 17 reps on the 25lb hammer.

last night I duck tape my blob 50 to the end of my 20lb sledge and cranked out 3 reps!. man you need some more work :D

Dave was just trying to get some trash talking going like they have at the Euros.  We love reading that stuff. 

Mobster what are your predictions for top 3 in each event and overall???

In which case keep it up. They're fun.

Here's the weights that will mean 1st place.

Grippers: 3.54 (euro rating) both hands

Two hand pinch of 210-220

V-Bar of 300-340+

Rolling Thunder of 220

25-30 sledge lever for 7-10 reps each hand.

Besides the competition...I am glad that I will finally be able to meet all of you...and put some faces with some of these names :D Good luck to everyone...see you in week.

Besides the competition...I am glad that I will finally be able to meet all of you...and put some faces with some of these names  Good luck to everyone...see you in week.

my thoughts exactly. see you guys saturday.