Red And Blue Nails

t_rex

The problem is not the stock Anson its the damn shipping!

Getting 20-30 red nails from the US to Australia costs 2-3 times as much as the nails do!

T rex, all I can suggets is asking your local metal fabrication place about 1020 or 1030 bright steel in 8mm.

Alternately you could look up blackwoods, they've got everything a bender would ever want (except grade 8 1/4" bolts) but they can be a pain in the ass to deal with for small orders.

Getting 20-30 red nails from the US to Australia costs 2-3 times as much as the nails do!

Thats because IRON MIND shipps somthing for 10 dollars which would only cost around 4 dollars, FBBC doesnt overprice like ironmind doese.

I got a order of stock from FBBC and it was a great amount and cut to my request without breaking a arm and a leg. But if you want to cert you have to pay IM. Now I know you can use other bars to get up to the red nail strength and just order that. But I order 50 of each color also just to pratice on and now I found somone to go halves with me so it will be somewhat cheaper.

One thing I can do for overseas is ship in an envelope if we can keep the order under 4lbs. Then I can ship letter rate. I just worked up an order for the UK & two letters was cheaper than 1 package. That was for 50pc mixed 1/4 & 5/16. I probably can't get more than 15-20pc 5/16 & stay under 4lbs. But it's a lot cheaper that way. It was $9 less for shipping to the UK for 2 letters than for 1 package. The advantage of being a smaller company is I can shop rates on every order.

I looked it up just out of curiosity & 30 pc 5/16 would run about $15 to ship to Australia in 2 packages (letter rate) - $23 if it went in 1 package.

t_rex,

There's a great thread on the aussiestrength.com forums on this matter (bending stock within Australia) in light of the bending event in this year's Australian Grip Championships.

Metal Strength in Australia

Gripmaniac from this board is also a Victorian with quite some experience in sourcing stock (as read in the above post) and he could probably head you in the right direction for getting stock down south.

John,

Thanks for the heads up on the postage with FBBC bars. We'll probably be going with FBBC bars for the comp this December and I'll need to order a few for all the competitors.