new measurements

Rick Walker

Awhile back someone asked about forearm and wrist size on here.  I cant find the post so it was awhile ago.  Anyway-I believe at the time I had 7.5 inch wrists and 14.5 inch forearms.  I have been doing grip work steady since about Jan. 1st 2002.

Tonight I remeasured.  Wrists are a little more then 8 inches and forearms are rocking in at a little more then 15 inches.  That is more then a half inch growth in each in less then 3 months!!!

Yes-I am happier then a pig in sh*t :D

Rick Walker :hehe

Rick - those are MY measurements, too!  I'm 5'10", 225 pounds.

We were discussing the elusive ratio of 1:2, with the forearm

twice the circumference of the wrist, while the forearm is

straight in line with both the upper arm and the palm. The

hand may be clenched, but no goosenecking.

So, Rick and Sir Snott, 15" is very impressive. Only one inch

to go to attain what very few have attained.

Roark,

I'm freaky in the fact that I've ALWAYS had huge forearms!  And when I grip train HARD.... it's goes to my forearms.  I don't do anything else in terms of building my forearms, because my grip work takes care of that.  I also have big calves and NEVER work 'em.... I'm kinda like Popeye!!   :p  :p

Genetics. We never see an untrained man and say

'What fabulous pecs" of 'Look at those quads' but

forearms and calves can be genetically gifted. The

best calves I have ever seen were in a local bookstore

on a fat guy who was otherwise unimpressive.

It would not be difficult to select a group of bodybuilders

and photograph them from the knees down, and not know

that they were bodybuilders!

If the forearm muscle belly extends toward the wrist far enough, incredible development can be added. You are, as we

have long known, Sir Snott, wonderfully blessed...

The best calf development that I have seen was on my wife's ex-boyfriend who is afflicted with muscular dystrophy. My late father who had a lifetime fear of gyms and believed that all weightlifters are homosexual rapists had exceptional calf development.

Just so that this post is grip related, my mother could pin shut a toy dynamometer while in the stupor of sleep that my father strained with one hand on his testicles to move the needle half way. His hands were very large with thick fingers but mom was the one who would open the tight jars for him when he cried.

Roark-

My forearm begins about 3 inches past my wrist-I just measured it and it starts sloping up at around 3 inches.

My forearms have always been pretty big-but my calves are pathetic-15.5 inches :(  :(  :( !  Almost the same as my forearms :angry: !

Oh well, I do look funny with 30 inch quads and little calves but I work them constantly-they just dont grow.  Atleast they are strong little buggers :D .

My brother has incredible forearm and calf development-I guess I got the bad calf gene ???

Rick Walker :hehe

Often good calves and forearms go together. I have 15'' forearms arm straight and relaxed, and 18'' calves. My weakness is biceps which are short and do not extend down to the forearm as they do in many people.

Guest Canthar

I hear ya there, always been wierd in the way that my forearms are almost as big around as my upper arms maybe more so now but I havent measured in awhile. My calves are also huge for my size and this is with no special training at all.

Canthar