Fear Not G G C Competitors

Jedd Johnson

As I mentioned in a post in the main GGC Contest thread, we were able to season the Pinch Apparatus this week by rubbing chalk onto it for over an hour.

Today was the first day training on it and we were eager to see if the chalk that we finally got to stick the other day would indeed stay on...and it did.

My best pinch to lockout on normal 45-pound plates was 207.5. I did it in April or May, before we had the apparatus. I am not sure if I ever posted the video. Funny thing is, I was going for a PR of 205, but I loaded a 5 on one side and a 2.5 on the other which made the lift 207.5 (give or take varying plates weights - this is of course non-official lift).

Today, using three 10-mm rubber plates and two 6 mm rubber plates, I broke that former PR and lifted the apparatus to lockout. I did not lift anything that would be a record, but I still do not want to post the total, because the weights were not all calibrated, etc.

The point is, do not worry about your performance suffering at GGC on the pinch! Instead, get a measurement of the size of the plates you are training on at home, and then try that measurement when you get here on the 17th. See how it fits into your hand and then make a decision if you like that width or if you want to try a thinner or thicker measurement.

Believe me, your performance should not suffer if you come with the attitude that you are going to find YOUR optimal width. The seasoning has been done, now, so that factor has been completely taken out of the equation. Even though many have not pinched a Euro Apparatus, honestly, when the weight comes off the floor, you will not notice a difference.

Please come with an open mind that you will arrive and do your best - no questions, NO REGRETS.

Remember, there will be three widths used, you will have time to test your widths, and you will have three goes to get your best pull.

We're two weeks away guys. Get yourselves to the Y and lets establish the inaugural best performances on the Diesel Crew Euro Pinch Apparatus!

-Jedd-

As I mentioned in a post in the main GGC Contest thread, we were able to season the Pinch Apparatus this week by rubbing chalk onto it for over an hour.

Today was the first day training on it and we were eager to see if the chalk that we finally got to stick the other day would indeed stay on...and it did.

My best pinch to lockout on normal 45-pound plates was 207.5.  I did it in April or May, before we had the apparatus.  I am not sure if I ever posted the video.  Funny thing is, I was going for a PR of 205, but I loaded a 5 on one side and a 2.5 on the other which made the lift 207.5 (give or take varying plates weights - this is of course non-official lift).

Today, using three 10-mm rubber plates and two 6 mm rubber plates, I broke that former PR and lifted the apparatus to lockout.  I did not lift anything that would be a record, but I still do not want to post the total, because the weights were not all calibrated, etc.

The point is, do not worry about your performance suffering at GGC on the pinch!  Instead, get a measurement of the size of the plates you are training on at home, and then try that measurement when you get here on the 17th.  See how it fits into your hand and then make a decision if you like that width or if you want to try a thinner or thicker measurement. 

Believe me, your performance should not suffer if you come with the attitude that you are going to find YOUR optimal width.  The seasoning has been done, now, so that factor has been completely taken out of the equation.  Even though many have not pinched a Euro Apparatus, honestly, when the weight comes off the floor, you will not notice a difference.

Please come with an open mind that you will arrive and do your best - no questions, NO REGRETS.

Remember, there will be three widths used, you will have time to test your widths, and you will have three goes to get your best pull.

We're two weeks away guys.  Get yourselves to the Y and lets establish the inaugural best performances on the Diesel Crew Euro Pinch Apparatus!

-Jedd-

Glad to hear that it is seasoned Jedd :D What width did you use of the three widths? See you soon bro.

Three 10-mm rubber plates and two 6 mm rubber plates.

Edit: had to check the width of the metal plates. They are six mm, so the width I did was 54 mm.

-Jedd-

Thanks David. I just don't want folks to be intimidated by a piece of equipment they have neever touched before.

-Jedd-

I'll admit I was somewhat concerned - I had practiced with both a very clean and seasoned pich setup and while you can do big lifts on them clean if you get the moisture just right on your hands, the seasoned plates are much more consistant from lift to lift. Glad to hear you got it all figured out - I knew you would one way or another. There will no doubt be some huge lifts done now. Can't wait!