Volume

Mr.Moose

I've been bending for month and a half and bend 5" @ 1/4 " quite easy (HRS), did four last workout.

Finally found some CRS here too but only in metric so I bought some 6mm, bent a 6" piece of that, boy, that was tough.

My question is: When is it time to start with higher volume? Do you count time or ability to bend?

How many bars to bend in a workout when bending for volume? Including warmups I"m doing app 12 - 15 now.

If a 6" bar is a very tough bend, what length would be appropiate for volume? 6,5" 7"?

Claes :help:help

it's kind of an individual feeling out process, I know when I was at the G5 level I spent some time focusing on a few max bends then finished with 15-20 60d's

Thanks Lyle, all help is valuable for me since I'm "bending blind" at the moment. No real plan, just to slowly progress to shorter, thicker pieces to bend. :D

Well, that sounds like a plan?? So, maybe I have one after all? :D

Thanks

Claes

I would say 12-15 is a good number. Bend 1/4" HRS at 6" or 5", whichever is more challenging but still possible. Try for 15. High volume in bending is a great way to progress. Keep at it.

I would say 12-15 is a good number. Bend 1/4" HRS at 6" or 5", whichever is more challenging but still possible. Try for 15. High volume in bending is a great way to progress. Keep at it.

Just bought a bunch of steel today, 24 Meter 6mm CRS and 20 Meter 1/4" HRS.

Thought about using the HRS for warmups and volumetraining and the CRS for the "heavy" bends. Maybe in a few weeks or so I'll try some volume on the CRS too? Will see how it goes. So far I've made good progress, bends that were hard month and a half ago are easy now. :D

I think 5" (HRS) will be OK for volume, it's quite soft.

I'll have my first volume workout tomorrow. :D

Thanks for the help guys

Claes