How useful do you recon the latest tip is?

Guest scott essery

Guest Matt Brennecke

I can't get more than halfway down my hammer, but it sure does make your hands sore.  It has to be good for something.

Guest TDOGRPAGE

I think that you are referring to the wrong grip tip.  The old one with the sledgehammer is awesome.  The new one with finger walking with the weight plate.  First off, I have trouble with a ten pound plate with just the coordination.  You would have to have very strong fingers and be very dexterious with your fingers to do a 25 pound plate which John obviously is.  However, I use finger walking with a sledge as a regular part of some of my workouts which is described in MOHS and anyone who has done these will tell you they can really burn.  So in my opinion I believe finger walking can be very beneficial if done correctly.

Guest Neal Bates

TDOGRPAGE, I know exactly what you mean about having trouble with the 10. I checked out the Grip Tip after seeing  this thread and decided to give it a try with a 5. The first two fingers felt good, the ring finger was very iffy and when I switched to the pinky I dropped the plate :p . I can use a 2.5 lb plate but it doesn't really do anything for the stronger fingers so I'm not sure how I should go about the finger walking exercise. Maybe just keep up with the regular plate pinch until I build enough strength to handle a 10 with all four fingers.

-Neal