Free Nails

mobsterone

Proof it :tongue

Inch dominator huh? When the real inch dominator comes along he will snatch it and post the video on this here gripboard.

Inch dominator huh? When the real inch dominator comes along he will snatch it and post the video on this here gripboard.

I think I high-pulled / snatched an Inch at a OHF dinner 2 years ago - Jim Wylie and Gazza were there. I think Gazza has Video. I didn't quite get under it.

I think I high-pulled / snatched an Inch at a OHF dinner 2 years ago - Jim Wylie and Gazza were there. I think Gazza has Video. I didn't quite get under it.

I don't know if anyone has ever fully snatched the inch, but I would love to see it, as its my ultimate goal, the combination of grip strength and explosive power required is incredible. Great video, that was impressive. :bow

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/m_674481/mpage_1/tm.htm#674553 Has a little write up on what I did today.

As per my post there I am sooo tired. A 9.30 am pick up and we went to Maidstone shopping centre. Underneath is a bunch of big, bigger and bloody massive tires, stones and other assorted goodies. We already had my Millennium dumbbell on the back, it having been picked up during the week, and so merely loaded a 770 lbs tire. I say we, I mean me and Big Len (look out for him in an up-coming Guiness book - he towed a 78 tonne crane).

As you'd imagine this was tough and so I'm thinking I hope I have strength for later. When I arrive and the tires dropped off the back I had a pint of beer asap.

Ten minutes, or so it seemed, later and I'm laying out some nails, the Rolling Thunder, my V-Bar and the Millennium. I ask one of the competitors, Dave Smith, and his good lady wive to assist me. I let Colin Anderson know what I'm doing and we're off.

Grip Medley time!

First was an easy nail bend, then straight onto my battered Rolling Thunder. Dave's wife weighs 126lbs, there's a 44lb plate and so, handle included it weighs 178 lbs. With her standing on the plate I do an easy pull to knee height and then down as quick and onto the V-Bar. Dave Smith weighs 253lbs and the bars 8 so I pulls 261lbs to my knee - making it look harder than it was.

Then comes the biggy, I pulled and pulled but the 228lbs Millennium bell stayed put. No earth shattering records but the crowd seemed to like it and more than one of the strength athletes had a go. As predicted I ended up bending 10 or so nails and giving them to the kids. One of the dads, who worked out, was persuaded to sign a waiver and had a go at the Millennium and then I had him bend a nail. Poor sod had a slight puncture wound and so we had a little blood.

The end of the day finds me two handing the millennium back onto Len's van and helping load and then unload most of the equipment back into the storage. That, much more than the grip medley, was tiring. So I'm off for another beer and some well deserved icecream in a few minutes :D

From now on Steve, your new nickname is Lobsterone. PINCHY PINCY.