My quest for the #3 continues

Rick Walker

After reading the posts on working out like your life is on the line I decided to take me own advice and give it all I had.

The results:

COC #1- 8 right, 8 left, 8 right, 8 left

COC #2- 5 right, 5 left, 5 right, 5 left, 5 right, 5 left-3 right, 3 left, 3 right, 3 left, 3 right, 3 left- 1 R, 1 L, 1 R, 1L, 1 R, 1 L-ALL TOUCHED

COC#3- Countless negatives.   Also-I got the handles well past parallel last night :D  :D  :D  :D  :D mutiple times each hand.  Strange happenings, I got the handles closer with my left hand using only 3 fingers then I did using my whole hand ??? Dont have an explanation for that.  My wife was watching, she said less then half an inch from touching.

COC#1- 5s each hand, each rep held for 5 seconds.  Then 5s each hand with 3 fingers, then 5s each hand inverted.

Finished with some wide pinching and called it a day.

I WILL CLOSE THAT #3 OR DESTROY MY HANDS TRYING!!!  NEW GOAL: Close it by August 1st.

Rick Walker :hehe

Guest Gripintime

Way to go.  Keep at it.  Attitude is 95% of your quest.  Take it easy though.  You've still got to use your hands to type in posts to keep the rest of us up to date.

Wrists feel great today-I actually did 2 sets of 10 with the #1 today and it took care of all the stiffness I had early AM.

I have noticed that I can really pound the grippers and not get much in the realm of soreness the next day :D

Rick Walker :hehe

Rick,

Try something for me.  The next time you go to do a grip workout - BEFORE you do anything else - pick up a #3 and try to close it.

With your routine laid out.... I'm surprised you have anything for the #3!  In other words, you're doing too much - too many reps, too many sets, etc.  And you say you're actually making GAINS on this?  If you are... I say continue on.  If not.... re-evaluate.  You might not be able to close the #3 because you're hands are too tired.  Don't let overtraining be the death of your hard-earned gains!!   :)