Ben Edwards Certification

Bill Piche

Like I'm sure you've heard a hundred times, make the video good. Your strength should easily take care of the rest of it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• Bill Piche

• tmmicklabs

• pdoire

Wannagrip Posted Today, 11:56 AM

Gripper is on it's way to the witness today.

Fantastic! :rock I've begun the tapering already...

Ben,

It's all mental now...deep visualization of SMASHING those handles together!!

Crank down on it Ben!

So much for taper! :D

Couldn't help myself and did some attempts on my "easy" Super Elite. It is in a hose clamp and set to exactly parallel. 3 or so close attempts.

Then on the 4th attempt...I CLOSED IT! :rock Now remember, it's in a hose clamp, so it's not a SE close. Just a variation of one. And it was a "just barely" close at that. I'm happy with my close strength now. I'll continue to work on it, but at least I'm not worried to death about the MM1.

Shut up! You are killing me with those grippers!!! Your strength is beyond, and a little further!! Great going man! How far did you set the choker on that SE? Let me be the first one to say this, by the end of this year you have 'choked' closed the #4, no doubt!!

I'm happy with my close strength now.  I'll continue to work on it, but at least I'm not worried to death about the MM1.

You shouldn't be you can probably MM set the MM3!!!!

DuTCH Posted Today, 07:46 PM

Shut up! You are killing me with those grippers!!! Your strength is beyond, and a little further!! Great going man! How far did you set the choker on that SE? Let me be the first one to say this, by the end of this year you have 'choked' closed the #4, no doubt!!

Thanks a lot Dutch! The handles were set to exactly parallel. So I'm guessing that most (but not all) of the tension was required to touch the handles. It was well above the Elite closes I've done. And harder than the GM3 by a small bit.

You shouldn't be you can probably MM set the MM3!!!!

I don't know...I'm guessing that bastard is so hard as to be truly obscene. I am holding out hope of closing the MM2 early next year if my turn comes up. That's assuming that I succeed with the MM1. :blush

Nothing quite as embarrassing as talking yourself up...only to be dropped on your head and have to eat crow! :trout

I don't know Ben...take a look!

.306 spring, 1/4" mount, 2.75 width MMG3 *…………335 lbs

.306 spring, 3/16” mount, 2.75 width MMG4 *…………345 lbs

.306 BB Super Elite ……………………………………………..……350 lbs

pdoire Posted Today, 09:47 PM

I don't know Ben...take a look!

.306 spring, 1/4" mount, 2.75 width MMG3 *…………335 lbs

.306 spring, 3/16” mount, 2.75 width MMG4 *…………345 lbs

.306 BB Super Elite ……………………………………………..……350 lbs

Thank you Paul! That's very interesting. I'll need to work a LOT more on my MM setting technique. That is most of it for me. When I film my little videos and say that I'm going to use the MM set, I really think I am, until I look at the video and realize that I could have set it 1/4" more. And that has to sap a little bit of the close horsepower. Stupid me. More technique work!

So much for taper! :D

Couldn't help myself and did some attempts on my "easy" Super Elite.  It is in a hose clamp and set to exactly parallel.  3 or so close attempts. 

Then on the 4th attempt...I CLOSED IT! :rock   Now remember, it's in a hose clamp, so it's not a SE close.  Just a variation of one.  And it was a "just barely" close at that.  I'm happy with my close strength now.  I'll continue to work on it, but at least I'm not worried to death about the MM1.

good job buddy, no fear come cert day alright...if the Se went down in a choker than the MM1 is going down easy ;) Destroy the MM1 :rock

I'm waiting too. :D

Gripper should have arrived already. What are you waiting for specifically? Him to contact you?

Gripper should have arrived already. What are you waiting for specifically? Him to contact you?

We correspond by e-mail so I'm waiting to set up a date to attempt the MM1. I sent him an e-mail yesterday I think about seeing if we could somehow do it on Monday since I'm off work. It is a holiday weekend though so it might not work for him. No word back yet from him.

WTF?

There is a snag with the gripper and the shipping. Apparently I was wrong when I thought that the gripper had been (attempted) delivered but no one was there to pick it up that day.

Here is the exact e-mail from Travis this morning...

"The damn gripper still has not shown up. Was it shipped US Mail or Pony Express?"

I don't know what to say...another gripper destined for my hands has failed to arrive safely. I must have a curse on me. :blink

We're not screwing you around Wanna, we'll find out what the heck is going on. Travis is extremely trustworthy so I know it's not on his end.

Travis needs to confirm his address to me again.

The gripper was sent out on the 28th. Maybe it did not leave until the 29th.

If it does not arrive by tomorrow, something is definitely wrong.

Can he please email me or PM me his address so I can confirm it. Thanks.

Can he please email me or PM me his address so I can confirm it. Thanks.

Bill,

Just PM'd you with my address.

First, Ben you will do this!!!

Thanks George! The great news is that the MM1 has been found at the Post Office! So everything's okay. It will be sometime this weekend. Date will be announced as soon as we iron it out. :)