New Addict

mafiastyle

Whats going on GripBoard I am new to bending started about 9 days ago after I saw a friend bend something I couldn't and it fueled me enough to get started. When I started last week i couldn't kink a 7x3/16 crs, last night I crushed 2 7x1/4 zinc plated steel, a g2 and a 60D nail thanks to fellow board member porky. Just curious if any DO benders have any tips on why it seems so awkward for me to bend out and down rather then just down when doing my DO.

postin on the gb now eh ganksta

i dunno the exact reason but im sure someone may know something that can help.

but ull get the hang of it.

i had the same problem as i got tired id bend down and into myself. but it corrected on its own after practice

maybe its because all the 4/\/4|3()\_1|<5

Whats going on GripBoard I am new to bending started about 9 days ago after I saw a friend bend something I couldn't and it fueled me enough to get started.  When I started last week i couldn't kink a 7x3/16 crs, last night I crushed 2 7x1/4 zinc plated steel, a g2 and a 60D nail thanks to fellow board member porky.  Just curious if any DO benders have any tips on why it seems so awkward for me to bend out and down rather then just down when doing my DO.

can you explain what you mean by out and down? I recommend that you purchase the Ebook Maximized Bending which you can buy here at the top where the pinned subjects are. I just bought it and changed my form to a DO and set a new PR and I have only been bending less than a week. Also check out the article from The Diesel Crew as well.

he means as in not straight down, perpindicular to the ground.

but at a slight angle away from the body.

Edited by porky

I bend down and out but the out part is vary slight, when I'm done the initial kink my elbows are about 4" from my body.

everything will feel odd in the beginning... watch porky bend, he has good technique... dont worry about hitting pr's right off the back, work on getting your technique down so it feels comfortable... once you have worked on technique for a while, work on getting more speed into your bends...

porky can tell ya everything that I think about bending, since I complain to him all the time. haha.