2. Viktor Sander 83.4 kg Sweden 474,11 P

3. Johan Albrektsson 100.3 kg Sweden 471,63 P

4. Steve Gardener 118.7 kg England 468, 74 P

5. Frank Henritzi 90.2 kg Germany 460,53 P

6. Mario Sjögren 109.0 kg Sweden 446,95 P

7. Kalle Lane 127.8 kg Sweden 377, 30 P

8. Theo Burggraaf 106.8 kg Holland 373,16 P

9. Burkhard Macht 92.9 kg Germany 333,84 P

10. Thomas Becker 96.5 kg Germany (stopped competing after an backinjury from the V-bar event)

1. Grippers (x15,53)

(IM #2 rated at 2.05, IM #2 r.a. 2.34, PDA 359ip r.a. 2.69, PDA399ip r.a. 2.81, IM #3 r.a. 3.00, PDA 437 r.a. 3.25, BBE r.a. 3.38 BBE r.a. 3.54, BBSE r. a. 3.65 and BBSE r.a. 3.89.

L/R

1. Viktor Sander 3,38/3.65 = 7,03

2. Johan Albrektsson 3,00/3,38= 6,38

3. Steve Gardener 2,81/3,54=6,35

4. David Hurzeler 3,00/3,25=6,25

5. Frank Henritzi 2,69/3,25=5,94

6. Theo Burggraaf 2,81/3,00=5,81

7. Kalle Lane 2,81/2,81=5,62

8. Thomas Becker 2,38/3,00=5,38

8. Mario Sjögren 2,38/3,00=5,38

10. Burkhard Macht 2,38/2,81=5,19

2. Two hand pinch (1,099)

1. Mario Sjögren (60 mm) 87 kg

2. Kalle Lane (60 mm) 86 kg

3. Viktor Sander (50 mm) 85 kg

3. Frank Henritzi (60 mm) 85 kg

5. Johan Albrektsson ((60 mm) 83 kg

5. Steve Gardener (50 mm) 83 kg

7. Theo Burggraaf (60 mm) 78 kg

8. Thomas Becker (60 mm) 75 kg

9. Burkhard Macht (55 mm) 73 kg

10. David Hurzeler (55 mm) 67 kg

3. Vertical Bar (0,3556)

L/R

1. Theo Burggraaf 142,5/140=282,5 kg

1. Steve Gardener 137,5/145=282,5

3. David Hurzeler 142,5/137,5=280 kg

4. Kalle Lane 135/140=275 kg

5. Viktor Sander 125/130=255 kg

5. Johan Albrektsson 135/120=255 kg

7. Mario Sjögren 125/125=250 kg

8. Burkhard Macht 115/132,5=247,5 kg

9. Frank Henritzi 120/125=245 kg

10. Thomas Becker100/–=100 kg

4. One handed lift 1” (x 0,1935)

L/R

1. David Hurzeler 280/300=580 kg

2. Viktor Sander 250/260=510 kg

3. Kalle Lane 260/245=505 kg

4. Theo Burggraaf 240/260=500 kg

4. Mario Sjögren 240/260=500 kg

6. Johan Albrektsson 235/255=490 kg

7. Frank Henritzi 225/250=475 kg

8. Steve Gardener 235/230=465 kg

9. Burkhard Macht 220/230=450 kg

10. Thomas Becker–/–

Bending 8 mm HRS

Full bend/60° kink

1. David Hurzeler 6”/6” = 95,83 P

1. Frank Henritzi red nail/6”= 95,83 P

1. Johan Albrektsson 6”/6” = 95,83 P

4. Steve Gardener 5 3/4”/ 6 1/2” = 88,46 P

5, Viktor Sander 7”/7” = 82,14 P

5. Mario Sjögren 7”/7” = 82,14 P

-. Burkhard Macht 6”/– = 0 P

-. Theo Burggraaf 7”/- = 0 P

(5. Thomas Becker 6”/7” = 82,14 P)

Gongrats to everyone!

Edited by Arne

Slight correction. Bodyweight separates competitors if they score the same result in an event.

Grippers.

Gold-Viktor

Silver-Johan

Bronze-Steve

Pinch

Gold-Mario

Silver-Kalle

Bronze-Viktor

V-bar

Gold-Theo

Silver-Steve

Bronze-David

One hand lift

Gold-David

Silver-Viktor

Bronze-Kalle

Bending

Gold-David

Silver-Frank

Bronze-Johan

correction in bending!

I forget Kalle Lane!

Kalle Lane -/- = 0 P

Edited by Arne

Thanks for the results! Those are some astounding numbers. :bow

I'm especially impressed by the gripper performances. I'd LOVE to try the 3.25 or the 3.38 and see how hard they are compared to my Elite. Guess I might have to spring for a plane trip to the Euros next year... :D

Great job guys! :rock

Thanks again Arne for organizing the competition, great job!

It was very nice meeting everyone, especially Johan, Mario, Kalle, David, Theo, Steve, Arne and his friend which helped judging (and Mart|n + Jense as spectators) :D Didn't talk very much to all the others, but everyone was very nice!

A bit sore in my upper back today... :flame

Based on various sources, I believe that an average MMG1 replica would rate around 3.20 on the Euro-scale and a MMG2 around 3.30-3.40.

Based on various sources, I believe that an average MMG1 replica would rate around 3.20 on the Euro-scale and a MMG2 around 3.30-3.40.

What surprized me the most was the BIG difference between the 3,54 and 3,65! Maybe I was just tired ;)

There was one thing that I'm a bit annoyed about, maybe for no reason, but I would appreciate an explanation, why wasn't all competitiors informed about the new rules for the one hand lift? And why were they even changed?

There were no new rules at all Viktor. It's just that some take the rules close to the limit (which is allowed).

The 3.65 BBSE has a larger diametre spring which does take some practise to get used to. The 3.54 BBE has wider handles and a much deeper set spring.

There were no new rules at all Viktor. It's just that some take the rules close to the limit (which is allowed).

The 3.65 BBSE has a larger diametre spring which does take some practise to get used to. The 3.54 BBE has wider handles and a much deeper set spring.

In LGC 13 the locking of the hand was not allowed, and noone used it. And it seemed almost all competitiors was very surprized about the "new" rule. But maybe I should hold my mouth shut :kiss

Yes that spring was indeed massive :blink

Edited by Zakath

Next time Arne organizes the European championship he may replace the one hand lift with a one hand deadlift using an OL or PL bar.

Part of the problem with the one hand lift is that the poundages one can lift will vary based on how much the lifting hand is touching the inside of the thigh.

This concern was raised by competitors already at the 2004 Europeans.

In LGC 13 the locking of the hand was not allowed, and noone used it. And it seemed almost all competitiors was very surprized about the "new" rule. But maybe I should hold my mouth shut :kiss

Yes you should.

Yes that spring was indeed massive :blink

The rules originally set out allows for the lifting hand to touch the inside of the thigh. At LGC XIII these rules were modified, without consulting the founders of the rules. Hope this explains it better.

Next time Arne organizes the European championship he may replace the one hand lift with a one hand deadlift using an OL or PL bar.

Part of the problem with the one hand lift is that the poundages one can lift will vary based on how much the lifting hand is touching the inside of the thigh.

This concern was raised by competitors already at the 2004 Europeans.

I'd better start training the possibly new lift then *thumbs up*

Even if I like the one hand lift :( Just not the unclarity of the rules...

Mikael Siversson Posted Today, 10:40 AM

Thanks a lot for the reference Mikael! It's always appreciated. I'm going to get a chance VERY soon to try the 3.20 equivalent. :)

In LGC 13 the locking of the hand was not allowed, and noone used it. And it seemed almost all competitiors was very surprized about the "new" rule. But maybe I should hold my mouth shut  :kiss

Doesn't make it more of a hand and thigh lift if the hand can be 'locked' against the leg?

In LGC 13 the locking of the hand was not allowed, and noone used it. And it seemed almost all competitiors was very surprized about the "new" rule. But maybe I should hold my mouth shut  :kiss

Doesn't make it more of a hand and thigh lift if the hand can be 'locked' against the leg?

Yes it does (sort of), which is why it will probably be replaced with the one hand deadlift (with OL or PL bar) in the LGC to start with. The latter also requires strong wrist to counter rotation.

The guys with the best technique in the one hand lift (David Horne and David Hurzeler) pull up and back. Contact with the leg is pretty much unavoidable if a longer chain is used with this technique. The alternative is to use a shorter chain and require that everyone lifts in way in which the hand is clearly not in contact with the thigh. This would however put more stress on the back with risk of injury.

Yes it does (sort of), which is why it will probably be replaced with the one hand deadlift (with OL or PL bar) in the LGC to start with. The latter also requires strong wrist to counter rotation.

The guys with the best technique in the one hand lift (David Horne and David Hurzeler) pull up and back. Contact with the leg is pretty much unavoidable if a longer chain is used with this technique. The alternative is to use a shorter chain and require that everyone lifts in way in which the hand is clearly not in contact with the thigh. This would however put more stress on the back with risk of injury.

But wouldn't it be easier to just "ban" the locking of the hand, it is rather easy to see if the competitor utilizes that method (Arne commented all competitors that didn't lock the hand ;)).

But the one hand deadlift certainly seems interesting, but I'm not sure how that would affect bending? Since I was VERY shaky at the euros when I started bending, due to forearm exhaustion, not nervousness. Had problems full bending the 7", even if that's a lot easier than kinking it for me. And with another moment heavily taxing for the wrist I'm not sure how much harder bending would become.

But wouldn't it be easier to just "ban" the locking of the hand, it is rather easy to see if the competitor utilizes that method (Arne commented all competitors that didn't lock the hand ;)).

I will obviously discuss it with David Horne but several competitors objected to the pulling up and back style (with the hand touching the leg) after the 2004 Euro (in which David and Benny outclassed everyone in part because of this technique) and now we have a similar situation after this years Euro.

Regardless what you and I think about it it will ultimately be up to the organiser and I know Arne wants it replaced, so it is unlikely that you will see it in December at LGC XIV. The one hand deadlift with an OL bar is a classic lift that was actually part of the first LGC.

But the one hand deadlift certainly seems interesting, but I'm not sure how that would affect bending? Since I was VERY shaky at the euros when I started bending, due to forearm exhaustion, not nervousness. Had problems full bending the 7", even if that's a lot easier than kinking it for me. And with another moment heavily taxing for the wrist I'm not sure how much harder bending would become.

Would not affect bending terribly much at all. You just need to get your wrist strength up to the level of your crush and pinch.

Would not affect bending terribly much at all. You just need to get your wrist strength up to the level of your crush and pinch.

Well that's easy, hahaha, funny :laugh

But I will do my best ;)

At first I want to say a BIG Thank You to Arne for organizing the comp again so well! After all the lifting we went to Arnes house to eat a nice meal (thanks to Arnes wife!) and to some beers! Thanks alot Arne! :bow

The competition was great and it was inspirational for me to see all the competitors in action and an honor for me to compete! :rock

Congrats to David for taking the win and congrats to Viktor who did some very impressive performances! :D

BTW: I lifted 230kg in the one hand lift wih each hand - don't want to complain - only to be correct... :blush

At first I want to say a BIG Thank You to Arne for organizing the comp again so well! After all the lifting we went to Arnes house to eat a nice meal (thanks to Arnes wife!) and to some beers! Thanks alot Arne! :bow

The competition was great and it was inspirational for me to see all the competitors in action and an honor for me to compete! :rock

Congrats to David for taking the win and congrats to Viktor who did some very impressive performances! :D

BTW: I lifted 230kg in the one hand lift wih each hand - don't want to complain - only to be correct... :blush

Vielen Dank! I really hope that you enjoy your visit here!

Well that's easy, hahaha, funny :laugh

But I will do my best ;)

Victor,

I guess it wouldn't matter if it did tax the wrist that much. After all, each of the competitors will have to do the same lifts in the same order and will therefore be put at the same disadvantage (if there really is any..?).

Vielen Dank! I really hope that you enjoy your visit here!

Yes, I definately enjoyed my visit! I would say that Saturday was my best day since the year 2000! :)

Thanks a lot Arne for a great day.

I really appreciate the kindness of you and your wife.

Annette did a wonderful job with the cooking of all the meal for us.

Arne, you again did great in organizing everything, booking hotels, finding nice trophys and medals, getting suitable bending stock, organizing an after contest party and so on and so on...

Thanks a lot again, my friend. :bow

BTW, enjoy your beer. :happy