I Found A Steel Place A Little Closer...

Justin Reagan

After some extensive searching, I've found somewhere closer to buy steel (the last place I found was a little over 300 miles away). This place is only 180 miles away. Within the next 5 years, maybe I'll get it down to about 40 or 50 miles away. :(

This is it:

Boyd Metals

Justin Reagan

Edited by Justin Reagan

That doesn't seem right, there must be at least a Home Depot, Lowe's or something within a reasonable distance.

Have you checked the Yellow Pages?

What is your zip code, maybe some of here can help.

I do have a Lowe's and a Home Depot (and some other stores that sell steel) pretty close, but I've been looking for a steel supplier like everybody has been suggesting. Much, much cheaper. I've now recently contacted a big welding shop in Little Rock, and the closest thing that they can think of is about 85 miles away. It's called JMS metals, or something similar. Anybody ever deal with them? They have locations in 5 or 6 different states.

With gas prices like they are, I also have to take into account the cost of gas to drive up there. If it costs $25 in gas to drive to the place, it might not be as good of a deal as it otherwise might be. If I had the money to buy hundreds of dollars worth at one time, it might be a little better.

Thanks,

Justin Reagan