Kurt Lane

Dan Cenidoza

Luke Whippo

Jimmy "Bullfrog" Murph

Dave Memont

Special Guests:

Pat Povilaitis

Steve Weiner

Dave Lemanczyk - not sure if Dave is competing?

* Note: Jedd and I are currently working on finalizing the tshirt - looks real sweet.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• smitty

• Sean Dockery

• mobsterone

Wow, great field! Hard to say who will take it home, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jedd, Morton, and Tommy are in the top 3. Then again, there are a lot of guys on that list that are strong as bulls and could easily take out those three guys. Should be awesome to see how it goes!

That is an awesome list of competitors. I think Eli Kliener will compete for a top spot and suprise some people here. Are Steve, Dave and Pat planning on competing? It would definetely get interesting if they decided to compete as well.

AUstin

Superb list of athletes.

My thoughts on a top 3:

1. Dave Morton

2. Jedd Johnson

3. Eli Keiner

But really, many could get in the top 3, this is just my little fun bet.

One thing that is certain, Steve Gardener is the most travelled grip athlete on the planet. Three cheers for Steve!

Good luck to all,

David

I think Shane Larson will be real tough to beat. His right and left gripper strength is probably the best in the world right now (MM3 and 4 both hands).

Never count Jedd out, he will be tough as always.

Dave has an injury he needs to overcome and get back to training.

Tommy will take the under 7.75" division...

I see Dave Morton has his name on the list and there seemed to be a question a week ago as to whether or not he was coming. Is he coming or is he injured and not competing?

Plus and this isn't to knock Dave M but he is outstanding in grippers and bars but I don't know what v-bar etc he has done (not at the GGC) - anyone?

I see Dave Morton has his name on the list and there seemed to be a question a week ago as to whether or not he was coming. Is he coming or is he injured and not competing?

Plus and this isn't to knock Dave M but he is outstanding in grippers and bars but I don't know what v-bar etc he has done (not at the GGC) - anyone?

Dave is going to be competing at GGC. He injured his right hand and is not 100% yet. He has drastically cut back his training, and drastically increased his icecream consumption :D He will snap back but he is taking a hit in his preparations.

Dave did 310 on the VBAR the first time he ever even saw one at GGC. He should be able to improve on that.

His levering is sick, but with his current injury he is way off right now.

On a one handed competition Dave would be VERY hard to beat. On a two handed competition he is definitely beatable. I am not knocking him at all he is my friend and he would agree with this. He is a one trick pony (right hand) :D

I agree with David,Mobster is the most travelled grip athlete right now.

Hope you get a top 3 Steve,but even a last place is a 1st place in that lineup :D

Cheers Gazza, but there's a ton of those guys I've beat before so last place... not for me ha ha :D

Boy thats a heck of a list already my only saving grace is alot of those guys have bigger hands than me (I'm just alittle guy).But I really don't care I think its just a privelage and fun to be there and see some of these guys in action.As far as predictions I think ther will be a few guys suprising people this year ones you don't always hear as much about leave it at that. This is my first year can't wait I would like to see Steve and Pat compete might sway some of the predictions.

Where are 1 & 2 from last year?? It would be unfortunate if Clay and Robbie couldn't make it, don't get me wrong I know BOTH would kick my arse but they are 2 of the best and hopefully can make the trip.

I'm a no-go this year. I consider GGC the closest thing the U.S. has to a National Championships and I wouldn't be representing myself well by competing after not having trained seriously for so long. Once the motivation to train grip hits again, and I suspect it will, I won't accept anything less than first place at GGC.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it Clay. You were my pick to win. My new top three is

1. Dave Morton...if he competes (injury??)

2. Jedd Johnson

3. Shane Larson

Can one enter day of event? I am in show shape but don't really know about comp. shape. Might be a good practice day. :help

Can one enter day of event? I am in show shape but don't really know about comp. shape. Might be a good practice day.  :help

Sure Steve - come ready to compete.

Long hand: I am saying Shane, Eli Kiener, and Chad Woodall, all new comers to GGC will shake up the top 5 spots. I have had the opportunity to see Shane and Eli in person and they are both SHOCKING. If Chad's reputation holds true, a lot fo us do not have a CHANCE.

Short hand: Tommy's my pick for number one. I have not seen many registration forms, so I am not sure of who fits into this category, but I know Rick has the attitude and experience to finish real high. Doc and Nick are powerhouses.

Steve G. is definitely a Grip Embassador and will do very well in these events because of his wealth of knowledge.

Don't count Kurt and Luke out. We all know Dan C ain't coming just to get warm. If Steve M. competes, he's gonna finish top 5 no problem. If Brad Martin brings his A-game, he's gonna have a lot of guys sweating.

Sadly, the Vigeants will not be returning this year due to other commitments in their strength careers. Much luck to them in their endeavors. They will be sorely missed this year. I have an idea they would both finish top two in their divisions. Without a doubt, there will be a new champion crowned in the Long hand division.

Any women competing for sure????

-Jedd-

Steve,

Glad to hear you are making the trip. With your training intensity, it should not be a problem.

If you could get the registration form to us so that we can process it like everyone else's that'd be great. Also, a couple pics for Smitty's project.

Thanks,

-Jedd-

Thanks guys. Have many shows that week. Hope I make a good showing.  :help

Steve, I don't think you'll need any 'help'. Good luck to you though.

Well, I have been struggling to find a way out of a wedding that I have to attend the GGC weekend to no avail. So long story short I cannot make it to this years GGC. Another time another place.

That's a pity shane...

Good luck steve, i heard there aren't much mosquitos over there ;)

You will be missed, Shane, but hopefully ti will work out next year!

-Jedd-