Another Example Of Hard Work.......

Dave Lemanczyk

Every single time I train with Steve "3Crusher" Weiner I know that it is going to be a serious day in training. We laugh and have a good time but when the iron comes out, we get serious.

Here is a few records of todays action performed by Steve;

Squat Lockouts (4" ROM)

1,186 X 1 & :05 hold at the top.

Farmers Walk w/Atomic Handles (4" higher than barbell)

280X100' w/turn

302X80'

312X55'

Today, like any other training day, proved to be monumental. Personal records were set despite upper 90 degree temperatures. I want each and every one of you to know that Steve is 41 years old and works VERY hard. He doesn't talk about working hard, or advocate the hard work, he does it. It is an honor to train with him each and every time I get the chance.

Good job Steve and thanx for the constant motivation and inspiration.

That lockout is damn impressive!

Heck yea it is. Steve held it for an easy :05 and I know he could have held it for more. The guys core strength is enormous. I am convinced he can go to 1,200 when he wants to. Pretty intense man.

In one phrase; 1,186.

That lockout is damn impressive!

Heck yea it is. Steve held it for an easy :05 and I know he could have held it for more. The guys core strength is enormous. I am convinced he can go to 1,200 when he wants to. Pretty intense man.

In one phrase; 1,186.

Very amazing raw power! He's gotta have some powerful hips and structural power to handle those numbers. Sounds like a great session you guys embarked on! :rock

Steve, That lockout may deserve a quart of Graeter's........if there was a silent setdown......

I'll echo Dave's comments. For example, I remember how hard Steve worked to become a COC. Determination, grit, no excuse making, no whining, and no bragging. He just goes out and does it.

:bow Great numbers on the workout guys.Steve is one powerful guy hope someday to have the chance to really see him in action.

Dave you lucky scoundrel, I envy having the opportunity to train with such a dedicated strongman. Steve is also blessed to have a strong young buck like you to push his already extreme motivation and training intensity through the roof. The combined forces will no doubt keep the PRs coming and the power & strength levels rising consistently. I commend you both for your dedication and passion in the pursuit of the highest levels of functional strength and striving to reach your full potential. You both are an inspiration to many of us for sure. :rock

GATOR

Dave,

Many thanks for the kinds words. Coming from a hard working guy like you who does not let an ounce of his potential go to waste means alot to me. Dave is one of the most explosive athletes I have ever met. What he has accomplished strength-wise in only a handful of years of hard training is amazing. The way he mangles stones is UNREAL!! He certainly keeps me on my toes, and it will be interesting to see just how strong he'll get with a few more years of hard training under his belt. Thanks for helping me load those 200 pound plates for the lockouts!! Hard and heavy man!!

Doc,

I can't claim a silent set down for the lockout, but maybe I deserve a single scoop cone as a token since I compressed my spine so much? Thanks, oh master of hidden lat power.

Nick,

You are too funny, man! Kind words coming from a guy who can shoulder a 300 pound honed granite sphere like it was a 50 pound bag of dirt!

Stew,

I'll only let you witness a full blown workout for a double helping of that awesome pot roast. Was that place called Nancy's if I remember correctly? Mmmmm pot roast!

Thanks to all you other guys for the kind words as well!

Steve

Steve is a sissy...................

That is the one thing I think we talk about the most in our conversations, how many people actualy work hard and how many whin around and want stuff given to them. Steve is a worker, he has worked for all the strength he has, he is a free thinker and he thinks outside the box. He is also a true friend, and it today's world that is getting harder to find.

Every single time I train with Steve "3Crusher" Weiner I know that it is going to be a serious day in training.  We laugh and have a good time but when the iron comes out, we get serious. 

Here is a few records of todays action performed by Steve;

Squat Lockouts (4" ROM)

1,186 X 1 & :05 hold at the top. 

Farmers Walk w/Atomic Handles (4" higher than barbell)

280X100' w/turn

302X80'

312X55'

Today, like any other training day, proved to be monumental.  Personal records were set despite upper 90 degree temperatures.  I want each and every one of you to know that Steve is 41 years old and works VERY hard.  He doesn't talk about working hard, or advocate the hard work, he does it.  It is an honor to train with him each and every time I get the chance. 

Good job Steve and thanx for the constant motivation and inspiration.

Steve

Very impressive amount of weight but what exactly are you trying to achive with that exercise? To ME it seems the risk benefit ratio is a little bit too much towards risk than benefit. ONE small mistake and you could be crippled for life.

To ME a 4" squat lock out sounds more like a ego lift but then again it might work for you.

Ego lift or not, VERY impressive. :bow:bow

I'd never begin to speak for Steve but I've found the use of very heavy, short range movements (partials) to be very benificial.

I'd never begin to speak for Steve but I've found the use of very heavy, short range movements (partials) to be very benificial.

Heavy partials never worked for me, unless I wanted sore joints. :D

Something that DO work for me is full squat with LOTS of band tension. Using the Jump Strech bands made the difference for me. Very well spent money I have to say, if you haven't tried.... Do it, you wont regrett it.

We are all different so we have to find what works for ourselves.

Claes

Mr. Moose,

I find these partial movements very beneficial just like climber 511 does, and while I would not begin to speak for him, I can tell you why I like them. While not a substitute, but rather a supplement to full range lifts, I like them because of the effect they have on my mind, not in an egotistical sense, but in a confidence building sense. For example, if you do partial squats with double what you handle in your normal squat, when you go to do your regular squats, when you unrack the bar, it will feel like nothing in your mind AND body alike. When your mind is right, good things happen when you lift. I recently started doing these again a few months ago and do them once every few weeks after squats, doing 4-5 progressively heavier singles. That is really all I need because of the heavy loads that you can use. I have not ever had any ill side effects from these because I built up the weights gradually. I found that I am able to jump up in weight pretty significantly from workout to workout. These are good tendon and ligament strengtheners, and I'll continue to utilize them in my training as needed due to their positive benefits. As far as the risk of injury goes, I have been nearly crippled with injury before (using a leg press machine) and have recovered, and consider each and every workout a precious gift, so I push my limits wisely.

Mr. Moose,

I find these partial movements very beneficial just like climber 511 does, and while I would not begin to speak for him, I can tell you why I like them.  While not a substitute, but rather a supplement to full range lifts, I like them because of the effect they have on my mind, not in an egotistical sense, but in a confidence building sense.  For example, if you do partial squats with double what you handle in your normal squat, when you go to do your regular squats, when you unrack the bar, it will feel like nothing in your mind AND body alike.  When your mind is right, good things happen when you lift.  I recently started doing these again a few months ago and do them once every few weeks after squats, doing 4-5 progressively heavier singles.  That is really all I need because of the heavy loads that you can use.  I have not ever had any ill side effects from these because I built up the weights gradually.  I found that I am able to jump up in weight pretty significantly from workout to workout.  These are good tendon and ligament strengtheners, and I'll continue to utilize them in my training as needed due to their positive benefits.  As far as the risk of injury goes, I have been nearly crippled with injury before (using a leg press machine) and have recovered, and consider each and every workout a precious gift, so I  push my limits wisely.

Couldn't have said it nearly as well as you did steve - I do my partial squats with a bottom start - how about you - I found I couldn't manage the step back with the weight to do them top/bottom/ top.

Great that you guys found what works for you. Unfortunately heavy partials do not work for me.

Have any of you guys tried squatting with bands?

Claes

Climber-

I do them with a bottom start as well myself, as I find this to be the safest way to go really heavy. If I was doing competitive powerlifting, I would do them with the top/bottom/top method as you described.

Mr. Moose -

I have only tried bands once with squats, and I thought they were good. I will try them again one day, because I think they would improve one's squat and deadlift.

Mr Moose - Bands certainly have their place in squats and dead lifts, as do chains. It depends on your weakness's and where they lie during the lift as well as the speed development possible by not having to shut down the lift near the top when your leverages are just starting to work for you. I do cycles of chains or bands on both exercises but I do a lot of Olympic lifts and I have found that the bands really help on snatch and clean pulls as you need to really explode at the top. I have found that I use straight weight much more often than either throughout the year. Bands are also a great way to do jerk drives as you can drive as hard as possible clear thru the movement and the bar will stay on the body throughout. Bands can be used for a very large number of things in the weight room. I use them for my glute/hams and 45 degree hypers resistance. It's easy to set up a "blob" or plate pinch deload with them as well. Front ans side neck work, the list goes on and on. Read all of Date Tates and Louies articles and posts on acomodating resistance - it will be time well spent.