What Do You Do With Your Bent Stuff?

Dude

I have what appears to be a mountain of bent nails and bolts in a bag in my living room. I was just wondering if anyone found a use for all your bent stock.

Sprinkling them around the yard to grow nail trees, studding winter tires, stocking stuffers, mantle pieces, filling holes around the house, earrings for that special lady, skeet targets, bottle openers, mini croquet games, hindu bed of nails..... I just cant find a use for them. Be nice if I could melt them down to make bullets for my guns at home though :D

I put my bent nails in an old protein jar as weight for my extensors lift. But then I'm just a beginner and haven't saved up that much yet. :D

Claes

Thats a good idea Claes. I could put them in a bag and hook a pinch block to them, workout with them.

Better than a living room piece and my girlfriend constantly asking why I feel the need to "bend those dumb nails to be a tough guy"

I put my bent nails in an old protein jar as weight for my extensors lift. But then I'm just a beginner and haven't saved up that much yet. :D

Claes

i've done the same thing as well. also, i use them for show pieces at work, so when ppl stop by and look at my desk, i tell them that i bend nails and bolts and they get all scared and ask funny questions, like how much do i bench or if i can carry their cars.

I divided mine up into 1kg lots, wrapped them in rags and duct tape and put them in an assault vest for use as a weight vest.

Works great

We are working on a keg, too.

-Jedd-

The small stuff that I bend 2 or 3 at a time (IM greens) I save and cut into small pieces with a pair of small dikes. I do this to work on crushing strength. I'm filling a 5 gallon bucket with the cut up stock and using it for finger curls. I'm saving the big stuff in hopes recycling it to buy more still.

The small stuff that I bend 2 or 3 at a time (IM greens) I save and cut into small pieces with a pair of small dikes. I do this to work on crushing strength. I'm filling a 5 gallon bucket with the cut up stock and using it for finger curls. I'm saving the big stuff in hopes recycling it to buy more still.

Thats a damn good idea right there!

I have every single peice of steel i have EVER bent in a big bucket, i have stuff from 7" 3/16 hrs to reds and fbbc stock, ill find a use for it someday :)

I made some drawer pulls for my drawer faces in my garage.

The 100d drawer handle

The Whole Set Up

I think they are awesome. Could not sell the wife on the idea of using them in the kitchen thou. :angry:

-Sean

I just took some 12" spikes from a local hardware a buck a piece or so and bent then braced and the took two little eye bolts and atached then to the drawer fronts. Because you don't want to get snagged the swing action is nice because it keeps them out of the way when you are not pullint the drawer out.

-Sean

Oh, and I also keep filling a few fish bowls at school and I keep them on my desk and then I give them to the art teacher who has tortured students with them by making then draw it in a still life.

We been attatching business cards on ours and handing them out at our shows. Great pr/marketing tool. Works better than just the cards by themselves........Brett

this last christmas I used some to hang on the tree as ornaments