My Weekend With Kaz

Kevin Fulton

On July 22-23 I was in Jackson Mississippi giving a presentation at a large conference at the state fairgrounds and recruited my friend Bill Kazmaier to join me. Following my powerpoint presentation we spent about 45 minutes bending bolts, bars and doing sledgehammer feats of strength. This was my first experience bending objects but I was able to succeed with both the bars and bolts that Kaz was using although at slower pace than Kaz demonstrated! Kaz then proceeded to roll up a frying pan like it was a paper plate!! It took him about 3 seconds. Needless to say the audience was very impressed, as was I....

Our presentation was a big hit and it looks very likely that Bill and I will be taking this show on the road doing promotional work at future events for a newly formed grass fed beef company that I'll be producing cattle for. This company is headed up by Bill Kurtis who produces and does the narration for such shows as "COLD CASE FILES" and "AMERICAN JUSTICE" on the A&E channel. Kaz and I met with Mr. Kurtis and other company executives and we are all looking forward to working together.

Kaz has one of thickest pair of hands that I have ever seen. There is a possibility that he may be at our Super Grip Contest in October since he hopes to come to Nebraska anyway for some pheasant hunting. Super grip info has been posted on ironmind.com today.

I'm just getting started back training again after taking 1 1/2 years off mainly because of a torn bicep injury that had to be surgically re-attached followed by some nagging back problems. I hope some of you can make it out here in October for our grip contest.

Kevin Fulton

wow, I think I speak for the gripboard in saying, I'm jealous! lol

Great story...thanks..can't imagine meeting Kaz!!

Kevin,

Good to hear from you again. Sorry to hear about your arm, but at least it's on the mend.

I met Kaz at a Highland Games comp in 1988 I think, and he was quite a gentleman, and showed me how to throw a caber. But as Kevin says he is a big man. I've met many strongmen and bodybuilders in my time, but he had such density and in my mind he is the most muscular man that I have met. His forearms are huge!

Anyway, hope your grip comp is a success and Kaz does some or all of it!

David

That is a great story. Like everyone else, I'm envious. Kevin, I think I may have met you at the GNC show of strength in Atlanta, GA near the "Grip Gauntlet". I remember Randy saying you were a long time grip guy. Glad to hear you are getting back to training.

Kaz has one of thickest pair of hands that I have ever seen.  There is a possibility that he may be at our Super Grip Contest in October since he hopes to come to Nebraska anyway for some pheasant hunting.  Super grip info has been posted on ironmind.com today.

Hey Kevin... how about a grip contest/hunting package?? That might get me to Nebraska just yet!! :D

Our presentation was a big hit and it looks very likely that Bill and I will be taking this show on the road doing promotional work at future events for a newly formed grass fed beef company  that I'll be producing cattle for.  This company is headed up by Bill Kurtis who produces and does the narration for such shows as "COLD CASE FILES" and "AMERICAN JUSTICE"  on the A&E channel.  Kaz and I met with Mr. Kurtis and other company executives and we are all looking forward to working together.

Kevin Fulton

GREAT Report!

What do yo mean "show on the road"?

Where will you and Kaz be doing more presentations?

BTW,Hooking up with Bill Kurtis....that is really hittin' the big time. Hope things work out for you guys!

BTW,I met Kaz at Strongest Man Alive in '98.He was grouchy because the show was taking too long and he was a judge....but he was nice to nerds and pencil necks(former)like me.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

wow, I think I speak for the gripboard in saying, I'm jealous! lol

i'm jealous as well. sounds like u had a great time.

Great story. What bending style did Kaz use?

-Jedd-

Here are responses to the questions above:

Sybersnott---a hunting package can definitely be arranged before or after the grip contest. Grouse and prairie chicken will be in-season and they are plentiful on our place. Pheasant and quail season start the weekend after the contest. I never pictured you as the type to carry a gun, thats kind of scary..... I guess I missed you at the Show of Strength in Atlanta, I was told that you were in attendance by Wade Gillingham I believe. Maybe we'll meet next year if not before then.

Steve (Milkbone)---yes I do remember meeting you at the Show of Strength in Atlanta. Hopefully I will see you again in October????

Tom of Iowa2-----Not sure where our next marketing presentation will be but KAZ will be doing some performances while he is out here in October at some local schools etc. Will I be meeting you in October??

Jedd---I'm not sure what style of bending KAZ used. It was my first real exposure to bending objects so I am not even familiar with bending styles. It appeared to me that a lot of brute strength was used as Kaz simply manhandled the objects. He rolled the frying pan so quickly that it was just a blur to me.

Kaz will definitely be here for the Super Grip in October so those in attendance can witness firsthand his styles of lifting, bending, etc.