Got Them

smitty

Be sure to take time during the early part of the show to see which width you like the best. It does definitely make a difference which width you go with. We will only be using 3 widths.

The pinch apparatus is very slippery, but we are doing what we can to season it as much as possible. I will also say that I can only lift about 30 pounds less on the pinch appa than I can on our 45 pound plates we used last year at GGC.

I have not tested out the deadlift handle yet - maybe tonight!

-Jedd-

The Euro set up is definitely more slippery than the original LGC set up. The weights went down by about 5 per cent on average. Initially during testing I think Arne's weights were down closer to 15 per cent so you should expect to lift more after some seasoning, much like with a LGC v-bar. Overall though it gives some indication of David Horne's phenomenal pinching strength @ 105k (231lbs).

Very true Mikael on all points...David Horne is a phenom...

On a good note: I can't wait to see what Jedd does at GGC, he hit a massive weight on the 2nd time ever pinching with the Euro device with 54mm

Come on smitty - what did he do - what number are we all shooting for?

To me the magic number is 100k (220lbs) only reached by two competitors so far: David Horne and Dean Bolt. The rest of the Europeans maxed out at around 200lbs or less. I would be very pleased if I can get 200lbs when my plates arrive in the near future.

The stage is certainly set now with the best Europeans and the best Americans using fully comparable equipment. Will David Horne still be no 1 in the world in the two hand pinch after the GGC? I think he will but I also believe that we will see several Americans in the top ten after the GGC.

It will be somewhat harder to get good numbers at GGC as there is only three lifts compared to five in the Euros.

Good to hear that Jedd is pulling a big weight, he's one of my choices for the GGC. As for my record being beaten, I certainly think it will be this year, and also hope so, as it will give me an incentive to train very hard and take it back in a future contest.

David

It will be somewhat harder to get good numbers at GGC as there is only three lifts compared to five in the Euros.

Of course this had to be narrowed to 3 attempts due to the large number of competitors...it will be a great contest and David's record will be very, very hard to even match, let alone beat!

I guess that eventually you will have to limit the number of competitors.

202 pounds. The records safe.

A 202lb pinch on the euro set up is a good lift, and I cerainly can see you improving another 15lbs. So we shall see.

Keep at it!

David