New York Barbells

Sybersnott

Unbelievable!!!  :0  :0

I ordered my thick grip bar and my squat rack from New York Barbells this past Sunday, and I got it on Friday!!  That's less than a week!  Wow!   :)  :)

If anyone is looking to get a thick grip bar (like the Apollon's Axle from IronMind) , please consider the one New York Barbells has to offer.  It's an absolutely beautiful piece of equipment, and the price ($59.00) can't be beat!  And the speed in which it was delivered (at least in MY case) .... way to go, New York Barbells!!!!!   :)  :)  :)

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com

Syber-

I would have to agree ;) !  When I lived up north, I was about an hour away from a New York Barbell in the Corning/Elmira area.  My training buds and I bought a cage, leg press, olympic bench, military bench, lat pulldown, and many , many weights from them.  It was all pretty cheap and the equipment was rock solid. When I moved, my buds quit training together and the equipment was split up.

I stopped up there (NYBB) about a year or more ago to get some more weights while i was in town and the store had closed and was a pool supply :angry:  :angry:  :angry: !!!  Atleast now I have an internet site.  Thanks Syber-

Rick Walker :hehe

tomfitz,

YES!!  It is a beautiful bar, and is very cost-effective (when you consider bars like the Apollon's Axle from IronMind).  It's much better than what I thought it would be.

Mr. Snott a question (or three) How much does the bar weigh,has it been machined in any way, and guessing the end of the hollow bar is open what is the wall thickness of the tube? Thanks,RS

Richard.... all good questions.  As for the weight of the bar, about 30 pounds (I'm guessing, and I would haffta weigh it to get a true weight).  If it is machined, yeah I think the bar is.  But then it's powder-coated, and the end disks (that separates the plates from your hands), are welded into place.  The wall thickness is something I haven't examined, because there are end caps on the end of the bar, and I didn't take them off.  I am going to take them off eventually and fill it with something heavy, like concrete or steel shot.

I could take some up close pics if ya want.  Can't guarantee if they will help.  It is a nice bar, though (IMHO).      :)

Hmmm, you get what you pay for. I looked at it on their site close up. Looks cheap as all heck. Snott, have you ever seen what a nice bar really looks like?

Wanna,

I decided to take a chance on this one!  Glad I did.... because the picture really doesn't tell the whole story.  It is really beautiful (why I am using that word?  it fits).  And the finish is real nice too.  It may not be my last thick bar, but it's definitely a keeper.  I'm still trying to get a solid steel thick bar, and am working on that.  Still... at less than 60 bucks, why not take a chance??   :p