GRIP 101

Tou

Today, I went to the gym for a grip workout. Pinching, plate curls and 2" vertical bar on the menu. As I was doing my warm ups with light wrist curls, a bunch of guys approached me and asked how I got my forearms developpement. They said they watched me working on those bizzare exercises they've never seen before. They wanted to know everything : exercises, sets, reps, rest, ... everything. So I gave them a clinic on how to work grip and your forearms. I showed them how to pinch plates, how to do a plate curl, how to lift a vertical bar and how to do heavy wrist curls. They enjoyed it very much and they all got bloody hands at the end of the workout. Next saturday, I'll bring my grippers to the gym.

Grip training in the gym is a curious sight for most people. I recently discovered that I had inspired a couple of guys to bring a gripper and pliers to the gym.

Funny you should mention this. But I had the owner and three of the guys in the gym having a go on the Rolling Thunder first time I took it to the gym (owner being 'Wolf' from the British version of Gladiators). Also the last two Saturdays (when I use partial deadlifts and the Rolling Thunder) I have been asked afterwards about what I have been doing.

By the way the partial deadlift is now up to 460 kilo / 1014 lbs or 11 20-kilo plates per side of the Elekio... :D