Ivanko Super Gripper

gotenmyoou

I tape the part that my thumb goes against for stability, I used to tape the finger area but that stopped my fingers from further wrapping around the ISG as I closed it.

Push the inner handle to the side, then you are able to open it wider.

Just like Flo said and you'll probably need a screwdriver. Taking the extra spring off is a real hoot too :D

Just like Flo said and you'll probably need a screwdriver.  Taking the extra spring off is a real hoot too :D

i followed flo's advice to relocate my springs and it was easy as pie...without a screwdriver........flo must have a degree in mechanical engineering or is an ivanko guru.

Just like Flo said and you'll probably need a screwdriver.  Taking the extra spring off is a real hoot too :D

i followed flo's advice to relocate my springs and it was easy as pie...without a screwdriver........flo must have a degree in mechanical engineering or is an ivanko guru.

"relocate" or put an extra one on?? :upsidedwn

"relocate" or put an extra one on?? :upsidedwn

"Relocate". you can affect the difficulty of the ivanko by repositioning the springs. but once you move the bar aside, relocation or adding are both effortless. presently, i am a certified level 2 wimp, but i am coming on strong. i plan to explode onto the scene very soon.

Peter,

Suck it up. No pain no gain.

I really could have used these tips when I first got mine; everything suggested here I had to figure out the hardway. As as getting the spring that took me taking off the rubber boots, and using a pair of heavy duty pliers.

Peter,

Suck it up. No pain no gain.

I really could have used these tips when I first got mine; everything suggested here I had to figure out the hardway. As as getting the spring that took me taking off the rubber boots, and using a pair of heavy duty pliers.

ok, iman, i confess. i also thought that you would have to pry the springs off so i gave the ivanko to the lawyer in the office next to me and challenged him to move the springs assuming the he would fail. he came back in two minutes with the springs moved and then he showed me how to do it by moving the bar. i then saw florian's post where he described the way to do it. as far as pain is concerned, i now have chronic finger and palm pain from manic overuse of grippers and bands. i think that i have replaced a two pack a day cigarette habit with sore hands. and i think my progress has been severely hindered, because like a dope, i have read about the volume training on this site and have tried to emulate it.

sore hands pete

Relocating is simple enough on mine but it's hardly effortless to add or remove springs. I guess I got a bad one or some short springs.

I tape the part that my thumb goes against for stability, I used to tape the finger area but that stopped my fingers from further wrapping around the ISG as I closed it.

That's exactly how mine is! Hockey tape on the "outside" palm grip and smooth on the inside "finger" grip. I found that the inside tape would bind my effort. :angry:

that's too funny, but yeah, it's pretty easy to put on extra springs and take them out.