Surprise Bending Demo

GarytheDino

I took some pictures in to work and a couple bent bolts. The reason I did that was because the weight training discussion came up last week. Instead of doing much discussion.....I figured a picture was worth a thousand words. I don't talk about anything related to what I do in the lifting world anymore without at least pictures or video.

I should have seen it coming, they put me on the spot. They ran strait to the shop and cut a piece of allthread. I told them I would bring some bolts from home to play with. They insisted I not wait. As I expected and told them allthread was easy.......even though I have never tried.......I figured I could do it even while still sore. I have only bent about once a month recently just for the heck of it.

So I described four different styles.........then I wrapped it with a rag on each end, it bent easy. They wanted me to wrap up one for them and show the different styles again, so I did, explained each as I held the allthread.

They each took several tries and couldn't do anything with it. Without rewrapping it they handed it back to me and I smashed it down easily. Now they are satisfied. The one dude acted like he was going to the hardware store after work. He wanted to know what nails and bolts to start with. We may have a new bender. :mosher

Great story Gary, I love hearing about stuff like this. Long story short; there is a guy at the gym that wants to try my #4. I'm going to bring in several grippers and let him go at it. Hopefully, I can convert another one :D I'll post th full details after he tries.

that sounds sweet man.

I took some pictures in to work and a couple bent bolts. The reason I did that was because the weight training discussion came up last week. Instead of doing much discussion.....I figured a picture was worth a thousand words. I don't talk about anything related to what I do in the lifting world anymore without at least pictures or video.

I should have seen it coming, they put me on the spot. They ran strait to the shop and cut a piece of allthread. I told them I would bring some bolts from home to play with. They insisted I not wait. As I expected and told them allthread was easy.......even though I have never tried.......I figured I could do it even while still sore. I have only bent about once a month recently just for the heck of it.

So I described four different styles.........then I wrapped it with a rag on each end, it bent easy. They wanted me to wrap up one for them and show the different styles again, so I did, explained each as I held the allthread.

They each took several tries and couldn't do anything with it. Without rewrapping it they handed it back to me and I smashed it down easily. Now they are satisfied. The one dude acted like he was going to the hardware store after work. He wanted to know what nails and bolts to start with. We may have a new bender. :mosher

great story buddy, I love hearing about newbies :D