COC #2

Guest omniexist

Guest omniexist

I closed the COC #2 for the first time today.

From start to finish it took me 1 month to close it. What gripper should i get next? I can only afford to buy 1 gripper at a time.

Good job!

I have never tried a BBM, but I hear for the most part they are between a #2 and #3.  If it were me, I would buy a #3.  Is that your goal?  If so, that's what I would buy, just my $0.02........

Way to go!

That's fast!

Big jump between the 2 and 3! took me six months to close the 2, i got the three and cant imagine closing it for a long time...  might look for an in between gripper... get the three though, it fun just to imagine the strength it would take to close one of those ( I am amazed that people can do it... What a grip) but it is definitely a goal that is a little further out in the distance, so if you need instant gratification, a mid level or the Ivanko might help

Get the #3. Don't get any other gripper. Work strap holds with your #2. It's the best way to close the #3.

I miss my #2. I won,t cut the handles of a gripper anymore. I think I'm going to get a new one (but not the one with #2 stamped on both handles).

I have only tried a double stamped #2 and a #1.  They were bears compered to any single stamped I've tried.  I think  IM started double stamping to make pics easier, and I hope they have started making their grippers a little tougher.  The last #3 I got was weak to say the least......

I think QuickGrip has a double stamped #3, and he said it was closer to an Elite if I'm not mistaken.......

A friend at work just got one. No double stamping. And, it definitely is on the hard site. Not as high as an Elite, but I would guess somewhere in the 440 to 450 in-lb range.

Guest omniexist

My #2 has a double stamp on the bottom of one of its legs.

And it look like ill order the #3, Thanks for all the advice!

omni,

Get the BBM.  If you get the #3, you might be disappointed on how hard it actually is.  It's like starting all over again.

I received todd_xxxx's gripper, and it had the "double stamp" on the bottom of the gripper.  It was a very unusual gripper in the fact that it weighed twice as much as any other gripper, and it was more like a BBM than a #2.  Once you can rep a BBM, time to move on to the IM #3.

Then again.... you might get a "light" #3.  The choice is yours!   :hehe

Guest TDOGRPAGE

That's strange.  I wondered why my #2 had a 2 stamped on both handles.  My #1 has only one stamp.  The difference between the two seems VERY large, more than it should be.  The number 2's handles are also very slightly wider apart than the number 1's.  So either my number one is weak or my number 2 is strong.  Maybe ironmind is making slight changes to their grippers?  Or maybe its just the way the come off of manufacturing.  Either way I think I will go ahead and get the #3 just to see the difference.

i have a double stamped #3 and it's a total bear, or maybe i'm just a wuss, who knows  ??? this is the only 3 i've ever touched, but i would like to compare with others just to see how tough mine is

omni..... try it now.

underdawg.... interested in a "gripper exchange"??   ;)  ;)

I just noticed that my #2 is stamped on both handles. I've also noticed that it's way harder to close than my #1. When I first got them, I could close the 1 barely, but couldn't close the 2 even halfway. I  was wondering why it was so hard. Why does IM do that?

nathan

my guess is that IM thinks too many people are starting to get certified, so they make the grippers harder.  i'm not trying to downplay anyone's acheivements, i know even the single stamped grippers are hard, and being certified on one is no laughing matter what-so-ever.

Guest omniexist

I think i have a hard #2. I can do a 30 pound strap hold on my #1, and can barly close my #2. My #1 is not what i would call easy, becouse i have asked 4 other men to close it and 2 could not close it. By the way my 1 and 2 are stamped on both handles, my #2 also has 1 1/2 two's on one of its legs.

omni.... I'd like to try those grippers of yours.  Sounds very interesting!!   ;)

And underdawg..... send me an PM, o.k.?

Guest Nards

Hey, I've got a double-stamped #1 and #2. I haven't even taken the #2 out of the package yet,as I can close the #1 for only 2 sets of 5. So what's the real deal? Is my #1 slightly tougher than the usual or sumthin'? :D

I received a new #2 yesterday. It is stamped on both handles. The spring has a polished sheen and the handles have a very shallow bevel on both ends. This shallow bevel should make a closure easier to judge visually.

The #2 closed on my first attempt. It is slightly easier than my BBM but it is also unseasoned.

My only disappointment is that IM charged me six dollars to ship an item that weighed less than one pound when it could have been shipped by Priority Mail for $3.50 and arrive sooner.

You are kidding about the shipping, right?

Other people charge similar numbers.  Shipping and handling is a fact of life.  Taken from PDA website for comparison.

US Mainland FedEx Ground S&H Schedule:

1 Gripper $7.95

2 Grippers $9.95

3 Grippers $11.95

Six dollars is not going to break me. I was just saying that it would have been cheaper and probably easier for IM to just drop the gripper in a Priority Mail envelope and mail it.