World Grip Champs Next Year?

David Horne

Just a few queries.

If Jedd and Smitty did organize the first World Grip Champs next year, would it be later in the year?

Also would you run the U.S. Grip Nationals near to the Euro date of August, so that the gap would be the same for all athletes?

These questions are geared towards Jedd and Smitty, but if it is a possibility then maybe all possible promoters need to know in advance, ie. those who are going to run U.S. national qualifying comps.

Also will the World's change continent each year?

David

Also will the World's change continent each year?

David

Seems very reasonable to alternate between Europe and the USA. It would be hard to convince spouses of the necessity to travel to the US every year to squeeze some grippers. An oversea trip every second year is more manageable.

It's funny you ask about this David because I was just thinking about it tonight coming back from a trip out shopping.

I think it would be better to have the 2006 installment of the GGC earlier in the year, maybe like in April or something. Having all these strongman contests AND organizing a giant Grip contest is pretty tough to balance out. That's just my opinion.

The only fair thing is to have it swtch continents every year. To do anything else is just plain unfair to the other continent, and I would never dream of that to happen.

Good topic. Sorry I have not been able to meet you guys in chat when you have asked me to come.

-Jedd-

Jedd,

Sounds good. It is tough to compete and organize.

I think we're all going in the right direction.

David

Hell yeah that would be a great excuse to travel a bit!

Jedd,

Sounds good. It is tough to compete and organize.

I think we're all going in the right direction.

David

yeah, it does.

:D if i ask nicely could it be held around the 13th May 2006,and somewhere near Orlando FL,as i will be in the US around this time,fingers crossed!? lol :whistel