brookfield bending question

tomfitz

I'm pretty sure he did.  BTW.... what "grade" is the IM red nail?

I think it grades out to:  GEEZ US, that's hard!!!

Snott, what makes you think he braced, any information or just because it's so hard?

I don't know for sure, but I get the impression he didn't.  I hope to ask him personally someday, when I bend one for him unbraced.

not sure of the grade other than utterly ridiculous. i've just started to get bends in the "yellow" nail and just that level kills my hands for days. termimator, are you able to kink the red nail?

In his strength demonstrations, John Brookfield does a 5/16 x 6" CRS bend while doing a back flip. He jumps back and while in the air, he bends the nail. When he lands on his feet, the nail is bend. Imagine the strength.

Brookfield once bend the Ironmind red nail with 1" cut off. He's the man for bending metal pieces.

When the question came up regarding Brookfield bending the wrench I accurately guessed that he bent it while bracing on his leg.  Richard Sorin stated this was the case later.  Since he bent the wrench that way, I would have thought maybe he braced bending the Red bar, but I have heard that he does not brace from a good authority.  Tou, the back flip bend you mention sounds like from a post by Richard on the old GripBoard, I don't think it was 6"x5/6" CRS, but a 60-penny nail.  I was told that he could bend the Ironmind Red with 1" cut off, but if that was his PR, I don't think he would also be bending it while doing a back flip!

Guest woody36

Having bought 25 of these paper weights,can i say

that there would be no shame if you did brace to bend one.

It would still be an incredible feat! IMO, on a par with closing

the 4 while steadying the spring with the other hand

This is just my opinion.

Guest baldy

I don't know about breaking nails, but most 60ds aren't that bad (except for those monster 60d nails of Pats... mystery there) to bend. The IM Red has only (so far) been fully bent by one guy. Why do the nails impress you more? Have you even felt the Red?

Woody, I couldn't agree more. I think there are some here (2 come to mind) that could bend one while bracing now, but I don't think that is good enough for them. They will wait until they bend it strictly to go public.