Easy Wrenches

austinslater

What is th easiest wrench to bend? I would like to give this feat a try and want to start at the bottom.

Also what is at the upper end or what most would consider legit for a wrench bend?

Thanks for your input guys

Austin

Dollar tree wrenches are ridiculously easy and only 1 buck per. You can find various strength wrenches at other dollar type stores, not national chain stores but mom and pop types. Walmart wrenches at 1.88 each are a tough bend, very legit in my book, they spec out just under a stanley by ANSI standards....... i am assuming you refer to 6in crescent wrenches????.........Brett

Don't most of the wrenches differ in strength even within the same brand and make? For example if you buy two wrenches of the same type there is a good chance there will be strength differences? Also are there markings to indicate what strength steel their made of or can tolerate on wrenches, ft lbs, in lbs, etc..?

I agree with Kerb's assessment. The Dollar Tree ones I tried were like toys. I easily snapped them behind my back and bent a couple barehanded. The WM ones will give you plenty of bang for your buck and are a tough bend.

Don't most of the wrenches differ in strength even within the same brand and make? For example if you buy two wrenches of the same type there is a good chance there will be strength differences? Also are there markings to indicate what strength steel their made of or can tolerate on wrenches, ft lbs, in lbs, etc..?

Yeah you can count on some serious varience with the wrenches. I have bought several at one time and have hit some that were ridiculosly easy and others I couldnt kink.....Brett

I agree with Kerb's assessment.  The Dollar Tree ones I tried were like toys.  I easily snapped them behind my back and bent a couple barehanded.  The WM ones will give you plenty of bang for your buck and are a tough bend.

What size wrenches did you try? Think I'm gonna stop and grab some when I get a chance.

Edited by Dude

Wal-Mart: 6" crescent wrench $1.88

Dollar tree: I just bought the variety pack, I think it comes 4-6 wrenches. They're not crescent wrenches but the fixed width ones. I don't know what the technical name for them is :blush

the plastic wrenches found at toys r us, should help from tonka. :D .

Wal-Mart: 6" crescent wrench $1.88

Dollar tree: I just bought the variety pack, I think it comes 4-6 wrenches.  They're not crescent wrenches but the fixed width ones.  I don't know what the technical name for them is :blush

Went to the dollar store today and bought 2 of the 6" crescent wrenches. The only regular wrenches I found were small ones in a pack that looked like maybe only 1 was 5", the rest much smaller. Warning: to all that try the Dollar Tree cres wrenches.....they snap......and I punched myself in the jaw the first one I tried because it snapped so fast, lol.

Proceeded to Walmart thereafter. I grabbed a 9 pack of wrenches for 7 bucks and one of the 6" crescent wrenches for 1.88. They are definately much harder. I didnt bend those ones yet because my wrists are shot from earlier, but I can say that those will definately be a challenge for me.

LOL, I'm exactly the type of guy who would poke my eye out or plunge one end into my throat doing something like that. It's made me hesitant to think about even putting bending anywhere on my agenda.