Benders Paradise

Mr.Moose

For the last month and a half I've been "preparing" myself for bending with a lot of sledgehammer work and the other day I thought it was time to look for some steel.

After driving around for ages I found out that 3/16 don't exist in Thailand, I found some 6 mm (close to 1/4 inch) so I guess I have to start with that.

What really surprised me was the price, I know Thailand is a cheap country but this was CHEAP. I bought 20 meters (66 feet) 6 mm and for that I had to pay 1,50$!! That's right ONE DOLLAR FIFTY CENTS.

Don't know the quality but for that price I wont complain.

:D:D:D:D:D

Looks like im moving to thailand.

:D lmao, that one had me laughing for a good 10 seconds. :laugh

Looks like im moving to thailand.

:D lmao, that one had me laughing for a good 10 seconds. :laugh

Well, Thailand have a lot more to offer than cheap steel. Good gyms, for those inclined, steroids are OTC (and legal), excellent food, superb beaches and the food is like nothing else in this world. Just to name a few things.

Why do you think I've lived here 10 years?

One thing is for sure... I'll do a lot of bending from now on :D

lucky.

im pretty sure creatine is OTC here too

j/k :laugh

But for how long? FDA is sure doing what they can to stop the supplement market. For our own good, interesting that alcohol and cigarets are still freely available. I guess "Money talks etc... still rules??

[rant]

Yeah alcohol and cigarettes dip etc are legal but they want creatine off the market instead?... Doesnt make sense...

[/rant]

Oldtime

[rant]

Yeah alcohol and cigarettes dip etc are legal but they want creatine off the market instead?... Doesnt make sense...

[/rant]

Oldtime

u're right. it doesn't make sense.

Did my first bending session yesterday but let's go back a few days first...

When I was running around looking for 3/16, the only answer I got was "sorry, don't have that" but 6 mm was available. Last place I gave up and went in and asked for 6 mm which I bought.

Day before yesteday it was time to cut the stuff, when I took it out I thought it looked a bit thin for 6mm so I checked.... 4,8 mm!!!! That's 3/16!!! Funny, I drove around asking for 3/16 and they want to sell 6mm, when I ask for 6 mm they sell me 3/16!! Amazing Thailand.

Cut the stuff to 6, 5,75, 5,5 5,25 and 5 inch got 109 pieces it wasn't 20 meter, it was "only" 16 but that's OK.

If cordura is good enough for IM, then it's good enough for me! Had an old broken BCD (jacket you wear when diving) they're made of rubbercoated cordura so that went under the knife. Rolled up they are about 7/8 in diameter.

Wrapped the first nail, 6 inch and "exploded" into it. Holy shit, that was painful!!! My knuckles hit together so hard I thought I injured them :D

Did 2 6 inch nails, 3 x 5,75, 4 x 5,5, 2 x 5,25 and 2 x 5. Working on teqnique since the bends where so easy. I'm hooked, if I bend the same amount twice a week the stuff will last a month. Incredible, so much fun for 1,50$.

Hopefully they will have some square stock too. No point asking, when it's time I'll go to the same place and look for myself. AND I'll measure the steel myself aswell. :D

Thank you everyone that have posted info on how to get started with bending. :bow:bow