Off Center

priznr

i just got my ironmind bag of nails. when wrapping the nail it looks pretty even in the wrap, but every nail i bent, timber ties, green and white's was offcentered!

am i retarded? how many of you had this problem? i thought about this when i was done, maybe using a perm. marker to make sure it stays even, but it felt/looked even in the wraps.

i tried the ironmind yellow, i thought for sure i'd kink it, didn't budge at all.. i was probably off center on it too! cause i been mashing my 60d timber ties from home depot in less than 5 seconds.

ps: do any of you change your grip when doing smaller nails, such as nails less than 4 inches? i can only put very small bends in 20D 4 inchers.

thanks for any ideas, peace

psps: yellow goes down soon :D

- andrew

by the time you bend all your whites and greens, youll bend a yellow for jokes, and a blue also...

the green felt harder than my timber tie.

ya i plan on bending all these little beauty's in the upcoming future:D

Off centre happens. I have it happen maybe 1/4 of the time with folding style, more often with DU. We'll see what happens this Saturday when I try the reverse style for the first time.

I think the marker thing would work. I personally don't care if I go off centre. I try to avoid it but don't sweat it.

I too could kill the IM green in seconds a long time before I could even kink the yellow DO. Now the yellow is a joke folding style or DU. I originally bent DO at waist height. I plan on trying the equivalent of a yellow with that style again in the nigh future.

Rolle

They say off center is harder, so that makes the succeeded bend a better accomplishment ;)

Depends on your style.

My DO bends are almost ever perfectly centered.

My DU bends normally are not.

Reason?

My right wrist is stronger.

I compensate this by grabbing the bar non-symmetrical.

lets say your bending a blue.

Mark it in the middle which will be 3 inches

measure the nail end at 2 inches and mark that too and the same witht he otehr side, wrap the nail at the 2" mark, this will completely eliminate off center bends.

Many of my bends are offcenter...DO and DU, I don't really mind it, sometimes when its really offcentered, it makes the crush kind of awkward, but most my favorite bends were the really offcentered ones (like 1" offcenter, haha).

-Jon

i would agree with porky.