Where Do You Buy Chalk?

Rekx

:help

Hey guys...I have looked in a couple of websites and I cannot find any block chalk. Where do you all get you yours ? (on the internet that is)

:help

Hey guys...I have looked in a couple of websites and I cannot find any block chalk.  Where do you all get you yours ? (on the internet that is)

look up gym chalk on ebay they have it :D they have everything ;)

amazon.com. do a search for gym chalk. 1lb should be like 8 bucks.

go check out a supplement nutrition store dealy

they usually have it.

look up phonebook for rock climbing store or something too

they will have chalk.

Metolius Mountain Products - rock climbers use tons of chalk.

I go to Academy

Hey thanks guys...

sheezsh...I looked all over ironmind and I couldn't find it...I knew it was there... :whacked

Hey thanks guys...

sheezsh...I looked all over ironmind and I couldn't find it...I knew it was there... :whacked

the link that gerryg posted should of been correct.

"The stuff I use is Calcium Carbonate I got it from the Chemist (pharmacy) is this the right stuff to use."

Yes. Calcium carbonate is the chemical name for chalk. Chalk is rock made from the compressed sea shells of dead animals, laid down over millions of years.

Well,speaking from a chemist's point of view (I'm an industrial chemist) lifting chalk is usually "Basic Hydrated Magnesium Carbonate" or

"Basic Hydrated Cacium-Magnesium Carbonate"

Also a point to make (while I'm at my lectern) is although the ordinary chalk is Calcium Carbonate, so are Limestone and Marble.

Dax,

I wasn't aware of this. Magnesium carbonate is found in large amount in another type of limestone called dolomite.

As for limestone and marble, chalk is a type of limestone and marble is limestone that has been heated under high pressure in the earth's crust until it forms crystals.

Well,speaking from a chemist's point of view (I'm an industrial chemist) lifting chalk is usually "Basic Hydrated Magnesium Carbonate"  or

"Basic Hydrated Cacium-Magnesium Carbonate"

Also a point to make (while I'm at my lectern) is although the ordinary chalk is Calcium Carbonate, so are Limestone and Marble.

dax, u need to change u're name to mad scientist. good lecture, though. :online