Which Style Works The Wrists More?

Dude

I started out doing DU and have recently found out how to DO bend somewhat. When I bend DU high volume kills the wrists, especially when I'm doing a few 60D's. Yet when I do it DO I don't feel it in my wrists at all, maybe a slight bit in the pads of my hands.

Does anyone feel that DU works the wrists more than DO? I feel like I can bend all night DO when I bend that way. Just wanna know what people think. I havent tried reverser style but feel free to add opinions on that too.

DU and reverse style work the wrists hard, far more than DO in my oppinion.

Double Underhand is the best for working your wrist. But you should work all 3 styles if you really want strong and balanced wrist strength.

DO and DU both use different muscles, DO works the wrist on the thumb side and DU works the wrist on the pinkie side, if overall wrist strength is what you're looking for then you should do both, just the same as there are many different ways to lever.

it's kinda like curls for the fron of your arm "biceps" and extensions for the back "triceps"

It seems that most of the better benders out there use DO to bend. Is this because the muscles used in DU have less potential for strength than the ones used for DO? Or is it just preference?

Likewise, if you bend DO high with your hands close together it hits the wrists extremely hard.

If you bend double over hand with your wrists near your waist it will work them plenty.

Those styles have plenty of variations.

My DO style has nearly zero wrist involvment.

My DU style has some wrist involvment in the kink phase.

It seems that most of the better benders out there use DO to bend. Is this because the muscles used in DU have less potential for strength than the ones used for DO? Or is it just preference?

I think it's because the most popular style of DO allows a lot of the strength of the upper body to be transferred into the end of the bar via the base of the palms. Of the various styles, this gives the wrist the best leverage advantage when applying the force from the upper body to bending the bar.

DU in the sense that you can't use as much upperbody strength with it. That said, try bending DO, hands at the shoulder, as wide as you want, after a hard wrist workout and see what happens :cool . You certainly need a bunch of wrist strength for both.

DU has really helped my grippers for the last two fingers and levering hammers to the rear.

DU all the way baby!!!!!!!!!!! I feel that DO is all chest and shoulders, I don't feel it in my wrists at all.

Good point, on short bars my DU is limited by the strength of the pinky and the ring and not just the wrists.

DU has really helped my grippers for the last two fingers and levering hammers to the rear.

DU works for me. I feel better doing the DO at waist level, then at chest level though.