What Can You Kink?

Mikael Siversson

What can you kink in one single motion using DU or reverse style with a tea towel (not leather and not IM pads)?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What can you kink in one single motion using DU or reverse style with a tea towel (not leather and not IM pads)?

• IM yellow
    • IM blue
    • FBBC 7''
    • FBBC 6 1/2''
    • FBBC 6''
    • FBBC 5 1/2''
    • G5 6''
    • G5 5 1/2''
    • G8 6''
    • G8 5 1/2''
    • FBBC 1/4'' square 7''
    • FBBC 1/4'' square 6 1/2''
    • FBBC 1/4'' square 6''
    • IM red 7''
    • IM red 6 1/2''
    • IM red 6''
    • IM red 5 1/2''

What can you kink to at least 60 degrees?

I have managed a 6'' G5 myself (to 69 degrees) using the reverse style with a tea towel and I am working towards the G8.

I understand most red nail benders will not be anywhere near kinking a red to 60 degrees using DU or reverse style with a tea towel, but it would be interesting to see how difficult this event is.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Can you put a pic up with any peace of steel to just show exactly where 60degrees would be at. Thanks Mikael

Edited by patrick

Soon. I just got a digicam and I am trying to figure out how it works. A straight bar is obviously bent 0 degrees whereas one turned into a U-shape with the legs parallel is bent 180 degrees. With the legs at right angles the bar is bent 90 degrees, so 60 degrees would be two thirds of the way towards a 90 degree, right angle bend. I use a protractor to measure the kink.

Good to know I thougt you were talking about 60 deg. measured between the legs of a nail and was wondering how you did this rev. style :upsidedwn

Edited by honk

I voted for a 7inch red but I overlooked the part that said with a tea towel. So I dont really know. Is a tea towel what you use at your contest. With double under or rev grip I would say the only advantage give with leath is the pain factor but I may be wrong.

Edited by patrick

Is a  tea towel  what you use at your contest.

Yes.

I voted for a 7inch red but I overlooked the part  that said with a tea towel. So I dont really know. Is a  tea towel  what you use at your contest. With double under or rev grip I would say the only advantage give with leath is the pain factor but I may be wrong.

Try it perhaps. Another gripboard member kinked (to at least 60 degrees: DU) a 7'' piece of a certain steel with a tea towel and a 6'' piece of the same type of steel with leather pads. I would guess that the loss in kink ability, switching from leather to a tea towel (single piece or split) varies from one individual to another.

Offtopic, but what kind of nails (thickness and lenghts) will be available at the EM??

Type of steel will be 8mm (swedish) HRS.

Length will be from 7 1/2" decreasing in 1/4" steps.

I currently assume that a 6" of that stock correlates to a 6" G5.

Type of steel will be 8mm (swedish) HRS.

Length will be from 7 1/2" decreasing in 1/4" steps.

I currently assume that a 6" of that stock correlates to a 6" G5.

True. There may also be a harder 8mm CRS (roughly between G5 and G8 in strength).

Good to know I thougt you were talking about 60 deg. measured between the legs of a nail and was wondering how you did this rev. style :upsidedwn

That's what I initially thought as well :cry

My hands are simply to darn big to DU anything to greater than 90 degrees!

Happy Days! :D