Since I'll Miss Chat Today

Bob Lipinski

Nothing fancy, nothing crazy.

Everybody runs the comps however they want. A few common standards such as chalk only, etc.

For a few common lifts, such as maybe plate pinch, axle overhand dead, etc. we will have a list of common records.

For now, the "owners" of the fed will be people who put on contests. If/when that ever gets beyond the stage of 5-6 people we can worry about electing a president or whatever.

Basically just a framework where we can build as needed. No sense making too many rules or structure since there is nothing to structure or make rules for.

I don't want to go too wacky on standardization because basically there is hardly anyone interested in putting on contests now; why make it any harder?

Well shit, if no one else is stepping in-

I will, and hopefully with the help of smitty, make a list of American Records in a few lifts. Not grippers for example, cause god knows how much they very.

I will take the results of the GGC1+2, as well as the Michigan comps 1+2.

Rick Walker's Battle for Grip Supremacy included the 2-hand Pinch on two 45-pound plates. Those numbers could be included. Brian's Strongarm Tactics in January '04 also had the 2-hand Pinch with 45-pound plates.

Rick and Brian, would you be willing to send us your numbers from your shows?

-Jedd-

Sorry for the delay - I have all the meeting notes typed up from the chat with David and Franky. I will post them as soon as I can.

Bob, I am ready to start compiling numbers...

No prob!

Here are bending results from the second comp, and some Rolling Thunder results from the first. The rest are pretty non-standard lifts (besides grippers) that I may not be using as much in the future.

1. Jeff Flynn- Kinked red

2. Bob Lipinski- Grade 8

3. Jesse Reimann- Hard 60d, kinked grade 8

4. Mark Riddle- Hard 60d

5. Dave Thorton- Easy 60d

6. Taylor Wilson- Easy 60d

7. Steve Shafley- Easy 60d

8. Brian Admunsen- Grade 2 6"

8. Cash Scott- Grade 2 6"

10. Chris Guhl- Grade 2 6"

11. Greg Theologes- Timber tie

11. Jim Theologes

Rolling Thunder

1. Dave Thorton- 205

2. Mark Riddle- 195

3. Bob Lipinski- 185

4. Kip Miller

Brian Admunsen- 175

5. Steve Shafley

Ric Gallaway- 160

6. Taylor Wilson

Jeff Flynn

Tim- 152.5

7. Rob Ferris- 145

8. Bob Bills- 125

Nothing exciting. I plan on running each of my comps in a standard format, chosing one event from each catergory:

1. Grippers

-MM rules

-No set

2. Pinch

-2 hand plate

-1 hand plate

-various blocks

-maybe block weights

3. Thick bar

-double overhand 2" bar

-rolling thunder or fat bastard 2.5 crusher

-fat bastard DB lifts

4. Bending

5. Miscellaneous

-vbars

-holds for time

I will compose my own Michigan records lift soon, and let you know when it is done.

Nice work Bob. I will see if I can dig up results from Kevin Meskew's grip contest that happened earlier this year and forward them to you for use in compiling the records.

Great work Bob. Would you be interested in adding any of the 2" axle records or Rolling Thunder records that were done at one of Kevin Fulton's Super Grip contests? His 2 hand pinch results from the contest were also done with (2)45s. I'm trying to get a hold of him still...