CoC Grippers...

Guest Neal Bates

Guest Neal Bates

Hey everybody. I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and have a question . I'm ready to get my first CoC gripper, but I can't decide which one to start with. I have been training with a store gripper for a good while now including strap holds. I have worked up to 15lbs for about 5 seconds and I can hold a 10 Lb plate for 20-30 seconds. The problem is I don't want to go ahead and get the No.1 and then not be able to close it enough to get a good workout on it. So I guess my question is, do you guys think I should start out with the Trainer or go go for the No.1? Thanks.

Neal

I'd say you could probably go ahead and get the #1... If you can't close it right away, you will be able to quickly

or look into the Ivanko Supergripper if money is really tight

It may be easy, but I say always get the Trainer.  You can always use it for wam-ups and strapholds until you get a #1.....

Guest kINGPIN

If money is a bit tight then I say go for the #1.  Even if you cannot do it, it won't be long until you can.  If you have the money then go for the T aswell.

Get the #1.... but don't be surprised if you can't close it!  You'll work up to closing it anyway.... so get the #1.  (Your goal if you CAN'T close the #1 IS to try to close it!).   :)

Guest Neal Bates

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm going to play it a little conservative  and get a Trainer. Even if it is fairly easy, it still has to be a lot tougher than the gripper I have now. As BC said I can always do strap holds with it until I can get a NO.1.

Neal

Guest baldy

Neal, welcome aboard. You just passed the first test: You listened to Heath (BC) when he gave gripper advice. If Heath told me throwing grippers for distance would improve performance I would try it. He knows his stuff.

Baldy, LOL !  :D

Maybe I'll try that gripper throwing for distance. It might be the ticket for the #3. What would be a good distance for a #3 throw ? What about 300 ft. ? 200ft. would be very tough with a #4.

:blush   You guys are just too kind.  I don't know half as much as some, but I tend to work fairly hard.  

I think you made a good choice with the Trainer.  I still use mine for warm-ups.  If it's easy you can always do strapholds, 3 finger closes, 2 finger closes, and other little what nots.....