Fbbc Compared To Ironmind

DieselWeasel

How much more difficult is the 1/4" round FBBC stock compared to IM stock of the same diameter? I couldn't even kink a piece of 7" x 1/4" round FBBC stock a few minutes ago, but my last PR was a 5.25" IM blue nail! :ohmy

However, that 5.25" PR was only two nights ago -and- I did a heavy pull day in the gym, yesterday.

What do you guys think!? :help

???WTF??? How can it possibly be that hard... :blink

-Jon

I probably needed to rest more because I was even having difficulty with the 3/16" round FBBC stock which is BAD! :erm

I don't know any numbers but I can tell you first hand, FB's 5/16 round is substantially tougher than the Reds.

I probably needed to rest more because I was even having difficulty with the 3/16" round FBBC stock which is BAD! :erm

you need a rest for sure sounds like your bent out take off 3 days nd try again :upsidedwn

you need a rest for sure sounds like your bent out take off 3 days nd try again :upsidedwn

Yeah, that's what it seems like. :mellow

That FBBC 1/4" is tough stuff, much tougher then the IM stock.

I wouldn't be surprised if you find that a 7" FBBC is about the same as a 5 1/2" IM

For example I bent my first 60d in the same session as my first 5 1/2" FBBC and i reckon they were about the same strength.

At the time I was blasting through blues like they were made of butter

Not always a longer bar means that it is easier to bend too.

If the 7" FBBC is just 5% harder than the Yellow it might already stop you as you focussed lately on bending shorter bars.

You can test the bar by yourself by prekinking it and chrushing it down.

I'm quite sure its not harder than a 5 1/2 Blue.

OK, well I'm almost certain now that I couldn't bend it because I needed more recovery time from bending and lifting. Thanks, guys. I will be attempting a 5.0" IM blue nail on Monday.

gl dude.

According to the chart that can be found on this forum (link below), the FBBC 1/4"x7" takes 240 lbs. to bend. The IM yellow and blue are 210 and 260, respectively. I will do my first bends with the FBBC stuff tonight. I'm hoping to be able to finish a few 1/4"x6-1/2" bars. My PB is a 5-1/2" blue.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...3&hl=calibrated

Rolle

According to the chart that can be found on this forum (link below), the FBBC 1/4"x7" takes 240 lbs. to bend. The IM yellow and blue are 210 and 260, respectively. I will do my first bends with the FBBC stuff tonight. I'm hoping to be able to finish a few 1/4"x6-1/2" bars. My PB is a 5-1/2" blue.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...3&hl=calibrated

Rolle

Those numbers for the FBBC stock on that page are not the actual yield strength.

Edited by DieselWeasel

Okay, I don't know what the actual numbers are. Do you know more accurate numbers?

This was my first experience with FBBC stock:

- 3/16"x5.5" round, 1 pc

- 3/16"x5" round, 1 pc

- 3/16"x6" square, 1 pc

- 1/4"x7" round, 1 pc

- 1/4"x6.5" round, 3 pcs

- 1/4"x6" round, 1 pc

The last bend took roughly ten seconds. Six inch length seems to be pretty much my bending "sweet spot".

Rolle

BUMP!

Does someone know the actual yield strengths of the FBBC stock if the values in the thread I referred to are not accurate, as DieselWeasel wrote?

Rolle