Silver Steel

itch85

Hey i bend every now and then and would like to get into bending properly, i was talking about bending 60D nails with a bloke at work and he said here try this and cut off a piece of 6" long x 6mm diameter silver steel "bet you cant bend that". So found some rags wrapped it up and bent away, managed to get it under 2" in about a minute, was quite a hard bend hardest ive ever tried. Was just wondering if anyone else has tried silver steel and if this is a good bend or not and how would you rate it compared to other bends?

Edited by itch85

It might be stainless steel, and stainless steel is pretty pointless to bend , its alot more expensive, But i do think it is harder a tad..

no it wasent stainless steel, it was in the silver steel section at work, we only have stainless steel sheet metal at work.

Edited by itch85

i've never tried silver steel but have heard of it, much higher tensile strength than SS???

and yes SS is many times harder than CRS, go buy some and see then tensile strength is alot higher. i've bent before and it doesn't U at all it's a straigh V almost hahah

ill post a pic in the gallery, my friend at work made a video on his phone if i get it off him ill upload it.