The Do Improves!

VeGripper

Well, having been reluctant to go DO with bending for some time I've been giving it a shot again, and it is by far proving to fare well. I posted a pic in the gallery of the efforts from last evening's session.

Goal was to get at least 3 pieces of 7" x 1/4" square in a session, and I managed to double it to a total of 6 over about 30 minutes. Tried for a 7th, but my hands hurt pretty bad after the last one I did and I had to call it quits for the day. My only DO pain complaint is that I keep losing skin on the sides of my fingers - my index finger occasionally rubs on the bar and tears it up a bit, and my middle finger rubs hard on my index finger and tears skin off on that one as well. The left hand seems to take all the abuse like this, but the right is good to go for more.

Anyway, I now see the power of DO, and although I plan to keep with DU style (and eventually mangle a red with it), I'm going to put my efforts to DO for a bit and see where it can take me!

VeGripper

I also get finger soreness on my left index finger, but only when I bend square stock. Good luck with the DO style. That's how I bend.

I'm learning the DO right now, and am still having some form issues. Anyway, I get some pain in the first and second joints of the right index finger, and I get some nice bruises on my thumb pads, expecially the right one. I'm right handed.

I still throw in the occasional DU and always find it's not waning, quite the opposite.

Rolle

Wow VeGripper, that's great news, I'm kinda thinkin' you may end up really liking the DO., Saw your pic, looks great, tough looking steel that square stuff.

My only DO pain complaint is that I keep losing skin on the sides of my fingers - my index finger occasionally rubs on the bar and tears it up a bit, and my middle finger rubs hard on my index finger and tears skin off on that one as well. The left hand seems to take all the abuse like this, but the right is good to go for more.

Well congratulations Ryan because is you are feeling the pain and losing skin in those knuckle areas then you are doing the DO right. :laugh Man I have torn and re-torn those areas off several times, even when I tried taping them to cover the missing skin they would still take a beating.

Well I expect to see the Red Nail fall whenever you decide to try it using DO because we both know that the 1/4" FBBC Square stock is mighty close to an IM Red in many aspects.

Man you and Lyle are leaving me in the dust, but that is okay, as I know you both have worked hard to get where you are and I am proud of you both. I will be there eventually – DAMN KINK! :cry I can sweep it and crush it no problem but that ole 7 inch length has got me currently stumped as I just can't seem to get the leverage on it I need.

Great accomplishment VeGripper and keep up the awesome progress as I bet the more you use the DO style the faster your gains will be. :rock

Your Friend & Fellow Bending Bezerker!!!

GATOR