carusom1

Just thought of this while working.

Has anyone ever bent a door hinge bolt?

Its about 1/4 by 3''

• 2 weeks later...

Its about 1/4 by 3''

I thought I remembered seeing this and it got me thinking about those door hinge bolts which I am sure vary insanely buy brand, design and price range. I was at the local Wal-Mart and in the clearance isle I saw these brass colored 4-inch hinges so for a buck I picked up a set to try to bend of course.

I found them among the bending stuff last night and said why not? So I loosely wrapped up one in leather and it bent like butter as did it's 3 brothers. I though for sure these would be a challenge as they are only 4" and door hinges right. Don't waste your money on the things unless you need a quick bend fix then throw a pack in the glove box as it could impress others because door hinges are perceived to be tough by most accounts - not this Bulldog Brand for sure. :dry

• 3 weeks later...

Its about 1/4 by 3''

I found them among the bending stuff last night and said why not? So I loosely wrapped up one in leather and it bent like butter as did it's 3 brothers.

that's so funny. it sounds like u took the hinge bolt family for a nice easy ride.

Good tip Gator, I'll get some for my car :D they would look like an impressive bend to the untrained eye.