1st Bend Ever

carusom1

When you guys first started bending, what was your personal best? What would you consider a strong bend for the first time?

I had my buddy who is a construction worker bend for the first time the other day, and he bent a 60d nail. :yikes I was very surprised that he got this. He said that was the end of his bending career though.

first bend was a 3/16 hrs 5"

less then 40 days later im almost bending grade 8's ,If that counts for anything :D.

Edited by Oldtime

first bend was a 3/16 hrs 5"

less then 40 days later im almost bending grade 8's ,If that counts for anything :D.

40 days later, holy s^%$

that is very impressive, and just shows what you can when you want something

My first real bend (I had bent a few very small and very easy nails) was a 20cm x 8mm HRS, not exactly by the rule book though. Took like 15 minutes or so :D But I had tried to bend it for a week or so before without even a kink.

My first bend was a piece of 1/4" HRS 7" long, which required a lot of time and effort, my latest feet was a grade 5 bolt. Which took several months to acheive, and hasn't been done again since. I need to learn to give myself time to heal. Give your friend credit for a first time 60D nail. To bad he gave up so quick on something that might have gave him great sense of accomplishment. :(

i just did my first bend today, it was intense, i have never experienced anything like it. i bent a 6.75 " (sharp end cut off) aluminum gutter spike (double overhand)

i measured a spike by hanging weights from the center with my loading pin, it took 120 to kink it. when it kninked it propelled like a rocket and almost impaled me.

i'm damn happy!

oh, and i finally got two 25's pinched at full lockout today too, good w/o :)

now i need to work on bending it in the center, i bent it about 1cm off center

peace!

I started bending around nov. I actually started out DU. I had a tough time doing the green nail equivalent. I switched over to DO after I was able to do the Blue equivalent. Franky took me from blue to the red in one day. The rest is history. :cool

peace,

burner

60d first time is extremely impressive.

My first was a 40d nails, braced on my knee. Weaker than a white.

45 days later, 5/16" HRS. 7" long.

• 3 weeks later...
I started bending around nov.  I actually started out DU.  I had a tough time doing the green nail equivalent.  I switched over to DO after I was able to do the Blue equivalent.  Franky took me from blue to the red in one day.  The rest is history. :cool

peace,

burner

no way, that's huge man. the only major transition for me was bending yellow to blue in less than a week, after switching from im pads to leather. but from blue to red in a day, that's hardcore.

Did my first bending a few days ago, ended with a 5' 3/16. VERY easy. More about it in my thread "Benders Paradise".