Contest Pinch Apparatus

David Horne

I've been asked by a few people on the board for the pinch apparatus, but they asked wether I could sell the outer plates so as to cut down on the costs, and they would get the spacer rubber discs. Mikael and I came up with decision today of allowing this. This will mean that most countries can now get a Pinch set-up for their contest, and as long as it has hard rubber disc spacers this will be fine.

After all it's the outer plates that are the important factor. These discs should be kept in a dry place and away from moisture, so that the surface stays the same and does not rust. It is fine for the seasoning effect of the build up of chalk to stay, as the same for the v-bar.

I will get costs in the next day or two and also various postage charges for all.

I think this is another great step in the right direction for grip contests, and the eventual World champs that there will be.

David

I've been asked by a few people on the board for the pinch apparatus, but they asked wether I could sell the outer plates so as to cut down on the costs, and they would get the spacer rubber discs. Mikael and I came up with decision today of allowing this. This will mean that most countries can now get a Pinch set-up for their contest, and as long as it has hard rubber disc spacers this will be fine.

After all it's the outer plates that are the important factor. These discs should be kept in a dry place and away from moisture, so that the surface stays the same and does not rust. It is fine for the seasoning effect of the build up of chalk to stay, as the same for the v-bar.

I will get costs in the next day or two and also various postage charges for all.

I think this is another great step in the right direction for grip contests, and the eventual World champs that there will be.

David

Great news! Will it be possible for ordinary people to buy a set for training as well?

//Jim

I am definitely interested in this setup - with the hard rubber separators - I want the entire exact setup - obviously the equipment cost and shipping cost is the only issue - but I should have the money in a few months...

I am definitely interested in this setup - with the hard rubber separators - I want the entire exact setup - obviously the equipment cost and shipping cost is the only issue - but I should have the money in a few months...

Echoed here, David.

-Jedd-

Sounds good. It'll be a big step towards standardization to have one or more here in the US.

Sounds good.  It'll be a big step towards standardization to have one or more here in the US.

I am slowly becoming convinced that this is the way to go.

-Jedd-

Agreed Jedd.

David, I've always wondered - how much easier/harder is the Euro pinch setup to lift on compared to just using two average 45lb (or 22kg) plates? I know that the plates vary, but would appreciate any insight you can give me on the texture of the steel discs and how your numbers on that apparatus compare to pinching the same width using two plates.

Clay,

Compared to the original set up we used for the LGC, which was based on two old Eleiko 15k plates, the new Euro set up was a bit more slippery, as most peoples results went down a bit (by a few per cent).

Yes I'd agree Mikael.

I will get all prices and courier prices this week.

Hopefully this year there will be many going at the Two Hands Pinch Lift and this will push the record higher.

David

Been in touch with the company who makes the stuff for me, and will see them next Tuesday for a new quote. It's been a while since I've purchased a pinch unit.

David

yeah id be interested in buying one, my gym is going to start adding grip feats to there gym competition since i started going there :D