Crushed My Goal!

Justin Reagan

Well, today started out as an ordinary day. It was my bending day. I was just planning on matching my last workout with at least one 6" x 1/4" piece of HRS.

Here's how it went:

5" x 3/16" zinc plated X 2

Timber tie X 1

6" x 1/4" HRS X 1 (ok, so I got it...)

7" x 1/4" HRS X 1

8" x 1/4" zinc plated X 1 (just wanted to see how this feels compared to HRS)

6" x 1/4" HRS X 1

-----------------------------------------------(this is the good part)

IM YELLOW(!!) X 1 No problem whatsoever

IM YELLOW w/ a full INCH cut off (BLUE?!?!) X 1 (a little difficult, but only took about 20 sec)

IM Yellow X 1 (just for fun)

-----------------------------------------------------

6" x 3/16" zinc plated square X 1

7" x 5/16" (fully threaded) G2 carriage bolt X 1

6" x 1/4" G2 hex bolt X 2

5" x 3/16" CRS X 3

Then I scrolled a 4' piece of 3/8" HRS as best as I could.

OK, so I met my next two goals in my workout. This is the first time that I have actually been a little impressed with myself. Now I have to figure out where to go from here--except for bending more BLUES :-)

Thanks,

Justin Reagan

You’re doing great Justin! Jut remembers to train smart and take the recovery time to let the hands heal and rebuild to stronger levels. Use this momentum to its fullest my friend.

Yeah, I'm trying to give myself at LEAST 2 days between bending workouts, if not more. The only other things I'm doing during the week is some gripper work, some kettlebell work, and a few one-arm deadlifts. My other big goal, as it is for many here, is to close the #3 gripper. I can close both of my #2's, but I still got a lot to go. My #1 goal, though, is to get much stronger in my bending. It takes priority over my other training.

Justin Reagan

Honestly, I'm not very far at all on the #3--as in not much past parallel on a good day. I bought my grippers about 2 years ago, and trained seriously with them for only a month or two. I could almost close my #2 when I got it, and I closed the gap in that short time that I trained. Since then, until about three months ago when I started taking grip and wrist training seriously, I hadn't done much but squeeze the #2 now and then to make sure I could still do it. Now that I've started grip and wrist training almost exclusively, I'm not really sure where to start. I've never done many reps on my #2. I've done about 2 or 3 reps with my easier one, but only a single with my newer, harder one. I want to train effectively with the grippers, but I just don't want to interfere with my bending. I've actually thought about getting a BB SM gripper to help bridge the gap.

Suggestions, anybody?

Also, I forgot to mention that the 6" yellow bend actually was about 1/2" off center. Even better.

Thanks,

Justin Reagan

Excellent work on the bending my friend!!! Excellent indeed!!

-Jon

Also, how much easier does being fully threaded make a bolt? Would a 5/16" fully threaded bolt be close to a 1/4" regular one? The 5/16" bolt was hard, but I know I don't have the strength to bend 5/16" of anything (except maybe aluminum...).

Thanks,

Justin Reagan

Keep hittin the steel!!!!!

Congrats on the PR

Burner