3 25's Width

itch85

Hey could anyone with 3 25lb / 10kg olympic plates stand them together and measure the thickness of them. I was thinking about making a pinch block to train for the 3 25's lift

A pinch block would not be the same as three plates sliding around, so plan on using much more than 75 pounds on your pinch block to reach your goal. I know this sounds obvious, but sometimes the obvious is not apparent.

My dad recently found some Olympic weights, just lying around, so he got them for free. Anyway the 2 35s he got with in this weight pile are WIDE. I seriously think they are 4". Right away I realised they would be perfect for training 3 25s. Just thought I'd throw that out there, seeing as they are very unique.

One good way I have tried is use 3 pieces off wood about that thickness put together .Put a eyelet in the middle one and leave the outside to lose. hook your weight to it witha rope or chain and loading pin. I think you will get that effect of the plates trying to hold the wood together. Make sure they are sanded good. :D It might hurt if not. :pinch

Edited by nickr104