Onlinemetals.com

Justin Reagan

While waiting for my shipping quote from metalsupermarket.com, I found this site--onlinemetals.com. Just for fun, I put my information in and checked out how much it would cost me for 40' of 1/4" HRS cut into 4' sections. Price=9.50 (not bad by itself)...cutting fee=12.00...shipping=10.44.......TOTAL=$31.94. I was looking for something a bit cheaper than 80 cents a foot. That's more expensive than I can get it in a hardware store.

I hope the metal supermarket folks reply soon.

Justin Reagan

you still haven't heard back eh? why not give them a call and just ask the price so you have an idea while you wait for them to call back?

i dont think the super market place charges for cutting.

i go there for my steel but i go in the actual shop.

they dont charge me anything to cut

Edited by porky

online metals.com only charges for cutting if you cut the same length of metal 3 times. Just cut it twice and go with another length and it's free! I use online metals and it is really, really cheap. Also, there service is amazing. I bought 100$ worth of steel and it came slightly bent, so i called to complain. They sent me the whole supply of metal again and let me keep the slightly bent stuff. I would definitely recommend them.