New Im Pads

Dude

Just got the beloved IM pads and can't say that I like them in all honesty. I've been crumpling them up and twisitng them to break them in and its seemed to help a little. I also chalked them up and its helped but still takes forever to get a good roll on the hex end or head of a nail/bolt. Also the ends of the wrap are fraying like hell and keep falling out. Anyone have a way of stopping that? I was thinking of a lighter held away from them to melt the ends just a bit enough to stop it.

One technique I've used to roll is fold the end where the nail goes about a half inch and then roll the nail on top of that. Is this illegal by IM standards or does it not matter how you wrap it as long as you use IM pads?

I fold mine up about 3". This seemed to help my rolling abilities greatly.

I use to prefer my suede wraps over IM....now its the other way around.

Roll the nail anyway you want, as long as you use only IM pads and chalk, it's legal.

I am not sure this is totally true. Have you gotten this straight from IronMind?

-Jedd-

Please let me know if it is, because I've been doing it like so: folding the end where I start the nail about an inch up. Then placing the head on the folded part and beginning the roll.

Since I've begun doing this I like the IM pads because this helps me get a fairly straight roll that seemed impossible before.

I'm folding mine like described in Unbraced bending and it work well, new pads are stiff but now mine take shape really well and I can get them tight

I fold mine into thirds, like you're folding paper to fit in an envelope. Chalk up the wraps and take your time rolling them. Most times I will roll up one wrap and then hold it in place with a rubber band so all I have to do is slide it on and off the point of a nail/bolt. This cuts my wrapping time in half.

Roll the nail anyway you want, as long as you use only IM pads and chalk, it's legal.

I am not sure this is totally true. Have you gotten this straight from IronMind?

-Jedd-

Well, no. But how can they complain about your wrapping style, as long as you use IM pads? I guess it would be keeping true to form for Strossen to demand the nail be wrapped a certain way.